Always open an specific app in fullscreen mode

thulium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2016
In Windows it's possible to set the status "open maximized" for an alias of an application.

It seems that such a feature does not exist in OS X.

Is there a workaround in form of an apple script which can used "like an alias"?

Or do you have another idea to solve the task?

Thanks for your help.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
If you go to settings-->general, you'll see a default checked option that says something like: close windows when closing application. Uncheck that. Next time you close an app that is in full screen or with a certain window size, it'll remember that the next time you open it.

thulium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2016
Thanks. I unchecked it. Than I set Thunderbird to fullscreen mode. I closed Thunderbird and reopened it. It does not have the fullscreen mode.

thulium

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2016
Yes
[doublepost=1461589292][/doublepost]May be Thunderbirds behaviour is a bug. The native app messages behaves like you described it.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Yeah it could have to do with it not being a full Cocoa app or using different frameworks for the windowing. If the Mail app works for you, it does behave correctly.

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Not a bug, as such. Thunderbird just doesn't support returning automatically to full screen mode.
However, you can save window size, so if you have fully zoomed/maximized (not the same as full screen) that will be saved.