"Always open with" utility?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by imacericg, Apr 9, 2008.

1. imacericg macrumors regular

I replaced torrent application that I use often with a better one, but all of the .torrent files are still associated with the old application. I can ctrl-click on a torrent and say "open with X application", but that only works on that single file.

The next file I download can't find the old application.

Is there a utility in OS X where I can assign files to applications like in Windowz?

2. Queso macrumors G4

You do it in the Get Info menu option. Right click on one of the torrent files and select Get Info. Go down to the Open With section, select your new torrent app from the pull down menu, then click Change All...

Sometimes it takes Finder a couple of minutes to catch up with you but it does get there.

3. imacericg thread starter macrumors regular

4. praveena.battu macrumors newbie

I'm using Ms Office 2008, but I am unable to edit when paste chemdraw structures so, i installed Ms Office 2007, when I try to open my word, ppt files its openning the default file format as Ms Office 2008.
    I try to change as posted here but its still its opening with default file Ms Office 2008. Is there any way to change the default file format??

5. praveena.battu macrumors newbie

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What does this have to do with a thread that is almost a year old?

The Mac versions of Office are 2004 and 2008. Assuming you got rid of the 2004 applications when you installed 2008, you should be able to change it from the Always Open With command.