Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naruponk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Hi,

My pc is

E2160
P5LD2-X/1333
Seagate 40GB
Kingston 667 1GB
GF7200

I have installed Mac OS X 10.5.6, the installation is going fine and completed successfully
when I restart machine, It does going to booting but my PC restart again
Then I try to use -x -v and -v to see what happen,
I can't see anything because it restart before I can read last line

Any suggestion ?

Kelly Craig

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
You could try, but I can't assure you it will work:
Resetting PRAM and NVRAM

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on the computer.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
  5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  6. Release the keys.
Your computer's PRAM and the NVRAM are reset to the default values. The clock settings may be reset to a default date on some models.

If that fails, you can try and SMC reset:

The System Management Controller is an integrated circuit (computer chip) that is on the logic board of the computer. As the name implies, it is responsible for power management of the computer. It controls backlighting, hard disk spin down, sleep and wake, some charging aspects, trackpad control, and some input/output as it relates to the computer sleeping.
Over time, the settings in the System Management Controller may become unusable, which can result in operational anomalies with the computer. Examples include not turning on, not waking from sleep, not charging the battery, or not recognizing the AC Adapter, among others.
Resetting the SMC is not intended for resolution of a stall or situation in which the computer is unresponsive. An SMC reset should not be necessary except as a last resort in cases where a hardware issue with the power management system is suspected. Performing an SMC reset resets the hardware power management functions.
MacBook (13 inch, Late 2008), MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2008), and MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2008)

1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the computer's battery.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
  4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
  5. Press the power button to restart the computer
Note: Starting with MacBook Pro (Late 2008) and MacBook (Late 2008) models, you may instead use the reset method for MacBook Air (below) to reset the SMC. All earlier models of MacBook and MacBook Pro must use the method described above, which involves removing the battery.
MacBook Air and MacBook Pro (Late 2008 and later)

1. If the computer is on, turn it off by choosing Shutdown from the Apple () menu.
  2. Connect the power adapter to a working power source.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press (left) Shift-Control-Option along with the power button once.
  4. Wait 5 seconds and press the power button to start the computer.
Note: You must use the keys on the left side of the built-in keyboard.

That's the only advice I could give you.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
That's the only advice I could give you.

Unfortunately, I believe you missed the fact that the OP's on a Hackintosh.

OP, you'll need to head over to a Hackintosh forum for help, not only can we not provide specific help here (forum rules), but most of those problems are going to be fairly specific to the hardware, so you'll need to find someone running something very similar.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.