always wants to restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattpreston11, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

itunes always wants to try to restore my phone everytime i plug it in. i can either do a restore or set up a new phone.

i restored and it finished and then told me i needed to restore again.

what should i do? should i put it into recovery mode and then load the new firmware and hope that it doesnt come up with this message again?

Thanks..

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

I was having the same problem - something is messed up with iTunes or something. What I did, after the most recent backup and it still had the same screen I chose to set it up as a new iPhone. It doesn't erase anything, and when it was done I unplugged the iPhone, waited a few secondsd, and when I plugged it back in everything was fine.

5. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Just set it up "as new phone".

When I updated to 2.0.1, it was giving me the same hassle. Once I got to that set-up screen AGAIN, I unplugged my phone to check it out - and lo and behold, it was fine and 2.0.1 was already on it.

Plugged it back in, set it up "as new" (with same name, same number, same everything) and it was fine. Everything was still there (txts, apps, numbers, etc.) but I had to re-sync my music.

Otherwise, so far so good.

6. mattpreston11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for replies guys,will try that when I get home.