Am a Galaxy S6 Edge+ Plus user wants to try iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by umbrokhan, Dec 27, 2016.

1. umbrokhan macrumors member

i've been Android for few years now and want to try something different like iOS iphone.
    i have rooted and flash custom ROM's on my 2nd phone old galaxy S3. but to much time getting wasted reading how to root and trying different ROM's.
    am sick of slow updates from Samsung taking about 5 or 6 months to push the new updates.
    i have galaxy S6 Edge+ Plus the 3 things i like about this phone is camera, themes store and 2K screen.
    i want to move to iPhone and see how is it like.
    which iPhone do you recommend? do you think i should convert to iPhone?

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Unlike Android, there really are not that many models to choose from. If you prefer large screen, go with the 7+. The dual camera will give you the bokeh (depth) effect. However, if you must have a headphone jack, go with a 6S+.

There are SOOOOOO many articles out there comparing iPhones with Samsung's. I am not sure what more you are expecting from us.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/help-an-android-convert-get-used-to-new-7-plus.2023941/ might be of some help.

4. mackinmike macrumors 6502

There's really nothing to see. seems like you like to customize. You can't do much on an iphone. You can't even arrange an icon to be all alone in a corner. IOS auto arranges it so it is next to the rest of the icons.

5. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

I think I'm qualified to answer your query as I've been a user of both phones. I used an S6E+ for 4 months but that one got stolen. I loved the edge screen, the display, the saturation, and of course the design. After losing my Edge+, I was left with the options of Note 7, S7 Edge, Pixel XL and iPhone 7(+). Didn't want to buy S7 Edge as it would have reminded me of my old phone and would have made me sad. Note 7 started exploding and I didn't like the design of Pixel XL. So I tried the iPhone 7+. Overall the phone is lagless, greatly optimised, great integration with Macbooks and MacOS. Better battery life as compared to the S6Edge+. But I don't like the design of this phone much. So much big bezels. Display and design wise the Edge+ was brilliant. I still miss my Edge+. You can't do much customisation on iPhone, unless may be when the device is jailbroken which My device is not. In short, if I had my S6Edge+ with me, I would have never upgraded to iPhone. But since I don't have my old phone with me and I didn't want to buy it again(why not get a different phone?), hence I got the iPhone.

6. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

Go for it. In my opinion iPhone 7 plus is the best phone on the market today. I own a s7 edge. The drawbacks of the iPhone for me are the size and Apple Pay is lacking in comparison to Samsung pay. The screen is pretty much a wash for me. Even though Samsung panel is the best, it is not the best by enough for me to really notice.

7. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I love customizing my phone which is why I love Android. That being said with the iPhone though everything is simple easy to use and it's fast. I also have a Macbook Pro, an Apple TV and the apple watch so it's a great ecosystem. In a bubble though I would probably stick with Android if I didn't care for iMessage so much and the simple use of ios.

8. umbrokhan thread starter macrumors member

I still want to try iPhone ios.

Generals Warning : When you modify your android os or install new rom u still live not very stasfied and feeling unsafe too and unhappy . You will also receive a lot of bugs and glitches along your journey. You will keep updating and replacing roms and phones till you buy new phone... and repeat !

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

For some of us, that was the most exciting and fun part of having an Android. Especially when you get to know the ROM devs and participate in fixing those bugs and glitches.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

In March 16 I chose the reverse to you.

iPhone 6 Plus to Samsung Galaxy s7 edge.

If you can get past the sand boxing Apple apply to iOS then alls good.

I ended up jail breaking my iPhones to unleash its true potential. Down side is its a cat and mouse game between Apple and the jail breaking developers meaning you can't always be on the latest iOS release. People will have a personal opinion wether that's a good thing or bad thing. Each to their own.

Now with the Samsung I can do most of what I want with it out of the box.

As someone said being able to place an App on my home screen where I want to.

I've had no issues with updates from Samsung. That said it's an unlocked , no Bloatware from the Network models.

In the Uk some Networks opt to hold back software updates to their supplied phones to tweak it further citing not wanting anything in it to clash with their network !

11. umbrokhan thread starter macrumors member

Reason i want get iPhone 7
    Fast iPhone Updates for All
    Works Great with All Your Devices
    iPhone longer supported 4 to 5 years
    No Carrier Bundled Apps (iPhone Has No Bloatware.)
    AppleCare+ iPhone Warranty
    Sharing to Other iPhones
    Worth More When You Resell
    Apple Stores for Support (Local Apple shop)
    Ease of Use Wins Over Android
    Headphone Controls
    iMessage, FaceTime & FaceTime Audio
    Share Apps, Music, Movies & More Easily
    Better Control of Notifications
    Storage Use (256Gb internal storage) and Carrier Options
    better apps on iphone (Developers Would Rather Make Apps For iPhone)
    iPhone Is Consistent.
    iPhone Is More Secure
    Jet black colour

Iphone 8 my wish list
    I wish Iphone had USB-C
    I wish iPhone had OLED 2K screen
    I wish Iphone had small bezels
    I wish Iphone had Dark mode (black theme)