Am I a dinosaur for staying with 1.1.4?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by hansvon, Sep 7, 2008.

1. hansvon macrumors member

OK, so after 7 months of owning an unJB'd touch I finally took the plunge and got it jailbroken about a month ago (1.1.4). It was pretty much at exactly the same time WinPWN came out. I haven't taken the time to sit down and just add resource after resource cuz, you know, college is hard, but like every time I look through my Installer menus everything it just feels so.....empty. Has everything amazing been ported over to 2.0 and Cydia? <insert question from thread title here>?

2. spyder52 macrumors member

2.0 all the way you dinosaur

3. Dublo7 macrumors regular

4. hansvon thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, well if THAT wasn't convincing. Where, by the way, is the guide for pwning if you have a Windows machine?

5. touched1.1.0 macrumors newbie

if he's a dinosaur, what does that make me..i'm still running 1.1.3..

6. choo macrumors newbie

I'm still on 1.1.4 and feeling much the same. Installer is bare these days...

Must put the time aside to track down a good tutorial - then I should just wait for 2.1 jailbreak and jump on that bandwagon.

7. theosh macrumors member

Im with you old farts...

I am still running 1.1.4. I use my iPT for work, mostly. I need certain aps for work and I don't want to have to start over with 2.?. I don't even know if I can get the same aps with Cydia. Thats why I haven't switched.

8. nial.k macrumors newbie

Cockroach :p (They've been around much more than the dinosaurs)
    No offense :)

9. touched1.1.0 macrumors newbie

none taken:D..i was gonna say single-celled-organism but i like cockroach better..haha..i upgraded to a jb 2.0 today..its not bad and cydia has a lot more apps than i expected..also downloaded a bunch of cracked apps so this shouldn't be so bad..we'll see how the stability of the system holds up over the next few weeks..all in all i can't complain and the jailbreak was surprisingly easy aswell(compared to what you used to have to go through when jb'in)..sorry for the long post..:/

10. eudoxuz macrumors newbie

Im on 1.1.1 firmware. So that means I'm even before the dinasours. Hmmm...