Am I able to exchange my laptop for a different display model?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aphan, Jul 3, 2009.

1. aphan macrumors member

Unfortunately I have one of the displays with the blue/purple problem. I've tried numerous calibrations and they have not worked for me. The 2.2 gamma is nice but hurts the eye. I'm still within my 14 day period. Also, will there be a restocking fee?

2. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

I had the same problem. Just return it and tell them it's defective because it is!

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yeah, if they deem it a defect - you are perfectly fine. If no, the restocking fee will be applicable, but sounds like you should be fine.

4. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

You shouldn't have to pay a restocking fee since it is defective

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Getting a replacement is luck of the draw. There's no real way to know what panel lies inside the box. You could get lucky or you could end up with the same issue, or another issue.

6. aphan thread starter macrumors member

Just got back from the Apple store. One of the sale representatives said it looked "fine" to him. He even tried to make a point and said that all the other MacBook Pros in the store looked the same. Sure enough, they were all the SAME display model (9C9E) as mine. I was polite from the beginning telling him this will affect my photoshop and architectural work. The idiot continues to be a smart*** but clearly he was clueless.

Anyway, I made an appointment with the Genius bar. We'll see what happens.