Am I An "Existing Customer"?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by friekunater, May 30, 2008.

1. friekunater macrumors 6502

I have a 16gb iPod touch and I am seriously considering selling it for an iPhone, but I probably won't if it costs too much...
    My landline is through AT&T and I was wondering if I could switch it over to an iPhone and still get all the features and everything for only $20/month... I am technically an "existing customer"... right?
    I know that the landline is through AT&T, but when I tried to log in on the AT&T website it said number was invalid...

thanks!
    friekunater

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

but they never said AT&T wireless - just AT&T - and I am a customer. (fight that loophole in court! lol)

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Oh really?

Good luck fighting that one in court.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

The $20/month charge is for the data plan, assuming you replacing a phone on an existing contract. If you have an existing AT&T phone and replace it with an iPhone, it costs you an additional $20/month.

Since you don't have an AT&T cell phone, you would have to get one of the standard iPhone plans here:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html#individual

The minimum plan is $59.99 (plus taxes) for 450 minutes of talk time, 200 txt messages, and unlimited data.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Dude, give it a try, but they will set your contract up as a new wireless customer. Unless you were with Cingular or AT&T Wireless, you are a new customer to AT&T Wireless. You AT&T landline is a totally different account; so what they will do is set-up a combined account, that way you get one bill combined with your wireless and landline bills. Good Luck. :cool:

7. friekunater thread starter macrumors 6502

it may not be AT&T wireless but I do have a cordless (wireless) phone. so ha! foolproof! lol

yeah I won't even try if I cant get it for less than $60/month... I'm really itchin' for one though...

8. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

The cost for the cheapest plan ($59.99) would be something like $70-$75 once you add on taxes and fees.

9. joeconvert macrumors 6502

This thread is beyond pointless. I wish thee was a vote feature to lock them after the first insightful response - which occurred when it was pointed out you are not an AT&T Wireless customer.