Am I being Hacked???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tootall, Jul 28, 2011.

1. tootall macrumors regular

Sometimes when I start Safari, I am ask to allow "AuthBrokerAgent" to access my Keychains (see picture, I believe "Trousseau" in french is keychain); I obviously refuse. I am new to Macs but I understand that limiting Keychain access is important, right? (if so, can anybody elaborate)

Is somebody trying to hack my computer??

Any thougthful answer would be appreciated, I have not found much on google.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You are not being hacked.

What's happening is Safari is asking permission to store online passwords in your keychain. Its perfectly safe to allow it.

3. tootall thread starter macrumors regular

I understand that keychain is some sort of password/certificate management tool. I am bit worried because AuthBrokerAgent is not an application that I am running nor is it related to a specific webpage, it just pops up once in a while I'm surfing in Safari.

What is AuthBrokerAgent? I thought it was malicious code trying to get to my passwords... too much paranoia ?:confused:

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

AuthBrokerAgent is a internal Mac OS X app that controls access to the keychain from within sandboxed applications. It is an app that launches in the background and has no user interaction other than the allow dialog box.

5. tootall thread starter macrumors regular

Understood, thanks!

p.s. love this Forum; I have learned a lot by browsing it.