Am I being hacked?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by storminthecup, Aug 7, 2014.

1. storminthecup macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

My macbook air has been remotely accessed recently, off my fault due to not adhering to firewall precautions. Anyways, I've erased by HD, got a clean install of OSX (not form cloud), changed all my passwords and am still bit psyched about someone getting access to my keychain.
    I've installed Intego Software but there are few things in Activity Monitor that bother me and I'd appreciate if someone could verify if this is normal.

1. EscrowSecurityAlert - it runs in the background all the time. Some forums refer to its association with iCloud, but I don't backup from iCloud, I only used it to install some apps from Apple Store and logged out.

2. com.apple.WebKit.Networking process
    When I inspect it under Intego Net Barrier, it shows a long list of websites that are both streaming and sending me data.

3. Sharingd process.
    From my understanding this process is used for remote screen access and sharing data through Airdrop. I have disabled Remote access and all the sharing options. Why is this still running? Should I disable it? If so, how?

Thanks a lot:)

PS: I have screenshots, but for some reason cannot upload them from my computer. Let me know if you need them and I'll dig out how to do it (not a computer geek unfortunately).

2. chrfr macrumors 603

These are all normal OS X processes. Webkit is what Safari, App Store, Mail, and other applications use to show you web and html content.
    Sharingd enables AirDrop, Shared Computers, and Remote Disc in the Finder.
    EscrowSecurityAlert is indeed part of iCloud. Apple doesn't document exactly what it does, but you don't need to be concerned about it.
    There is no need to disable any of these.