Am I being neurotic?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by forlong, Oct 28, 2014.

1. forlong macrumors newbie

I've recently had a lot of problems with an early 2013 rMBP, which have been the subject of another thread. In short, I had to get my AirPort card replaced because it was noisy when downloading something. It solved the issue. Then I got GPU crashes. This time the motherboard had to be replaced, twice. Then I got WiFi noises again. This ended up in a computer replacement by Apple and I now own a 2014 rMBP. However, it didn't take me long to notice that the speakers have been changed in this newer model. At first I was pleased because the bass is more present. However I noticed yesterday that I also hear high-pitched buzzes a lot more.

My question is pretty simple. Am I neurotic because of my recent problems and it's a normal behavior that my whole bed is buzzing because of my laptop when playing buzz.mp3 at the max volume? Or should I complain and get my speakers replaced? I had never noticed the noise because it was quieter and tolerable on my previous computer. With this one I think it's honestly pretty annoying. But maybe I should simply expect less of my laptop and plug it into my proper speakers which don't buzz at all. But then what's the point of owning a laptop if I can't take it to listen to music while cooking or shaving? I've done this for years with at least two different Apple laptops and while the quality wasn't phenomenal it did the job and I never had a such a problem.

PS: By buzzing I am not talking about the hiss in the background but about my computer physically shaking near the right USB port when the volume reaches a peak with the third and fourth notes of the loop. Once again, my external speakers do not do this.

Attached Files:

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

You're being neurotic.

If you crank up the volume to the highest level, expect distortion. Even the best sound systems will eventually reach a point of either clipping or distorting sound (or both).