Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
So I found out some city inspector is coming to my apartment building to make sure the extra smoke detectors were installed. I wont be there so the land lord's representative has to let him in...I don't like that....

...I have a lot of computer equipment and other electronics so I decided to install iCam and point its folder to Drop Box that way any pictures it captures of motion is instantly uploaded to drop box (that way if the computer gets stolen I still have the pictures!). The camera points to the shelves where all of my goodies are and can see around the entire room. It works great too.

Am I being paranoid or would you do the same?

v66jack

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
London, UK
Dont you have lockable cupboard or draw somewhere to hide your goodies?

Better to be safe than sorry in these situations.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Dont you have lockable cupboard or draw somewhere to hide your goodies?

Better to be safe than sorry in these situations.

No unfortunately I don't :( Nothing big enough anyway :( My whole office setup is pretty worthy of stealing :( ) I have no friends either that can get there at the time this person will be there.

I would assume nothing would happen, they just have to check if a smoke detector was installed but still you can never be too careful.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Going overboard would be setting traps.

But traps are sooo fun. :D

I did get in trouble when a friend of mine and I (we were kids) set up a big dental floss trap on a dark street but we caught an off duty cop. He didn't bust us and even applauded us on how great it was, but told us to take it down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.