Am I being picky?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jaredtomas, Dec 10, 2008.

1. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

So I got my Aluminum Macbook last Saturday and since then I've noticed that the function keys are slightly slanted, it arrived with a small chip in the aluminum casing and the Macbook appears to be uneven - when I place it on a desk (I've tried on different tables to make sure it wasn't just my desk) it seems to wobble a bit which is rather frustrating while you're trying to type. I've tried playing around with the battery cover to see if it would make any different, but no dice.

Anyway, I'd just like to know if you guys think I'm being too picky? Would these issues warrant a replacement unit?

Thanks in advance.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There's a big thread right now on how people are being too picky. Not everything is perfect.

The warped case might warrant a look-at from an Apple Store, though.

3. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

It's a $1500 (or more) computer. You can be picky.

4. chrisiw macrumors regular

Its top money! it must be top quality. Make them change it as many times as is needed.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Except AppleCare doesn't cover cosmetics.

6. chrisiw macrumors regular

No! perhaps not, but the law in the UK does!

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yup. Apple markets their products as flawlessly designed; make them live up to the marketing.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What law? Stipulating that a citizen is entitled to a computer that looks completely perfect?

9. Chris F macrumors regular

Slightly slanted keys and minor chip i would say no. They are annoying and frustrating but as long as things are working properly it's not worth going through the hassle.

If the whole case is warped and it doesn't sit flat then yes take it back that's a major usability issue.

10. chrisiw macrumors regular

Take a look at: "the sale of goods act", here is the part I was making ref to:
    Aspects of quality include fitness for purpose, freedom from minor defects, appearance and finish, durability and safety.
    I have been in retail managment for 20 years and can asure you that this law does apply to new goods in the UK

11. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

I decided to live with my slanted function keys, as I hardly ever look at them anyway. But if it wobbles on a desk, I'd either replace it or return it. That's beyond just a small cosmetic issue - it's a usability issue.

12. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

If it doesn't sit flat on a desk and wobbles as a result, I would probably take it in to the Apple store to get that looked at as it is something that affects the usuability of the computer. For everything else, look here