Am I being stupid???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ori, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Ori, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

Ori macrumors 6502

Below you will see an email thread. Each response from apple support tells me to do the same thing and each time I tell them than I can't!! Am I missing something? Please read from the bottom. Unfortunately it lacks my original support request.

To: iTunes Store <iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com>

Candice,

Can I please have a direct email address to speak to someone then rather than this back and forth which takes a day at a time.

Firstly, you claim that you have read through my emails, but your reply seem to show otherwise.

Let me begin that I have tried managing my accounts on both XXXX@mac.com and XXXX@btconnect.com and the email address XXXX@mac.com is not associated with ANY of them!!!!! IT WON"T LET ME ASSOCIATE IT WITH ANY OF THOSE ACCOUNTS.

I have tried using the link you gave me to see if it is associated with any account and it says no!!

All I want is my XXXX@mac.com itunes account to have XXXX@mac.com email address as either primary or secondary email address. That way I can use facetime, imessage etc.....

Can someone please either tell me how to fix the problem instead of telling me to remove the associating with my itunes account. IT ISN"T ASSOCIATED!!
    IF it is associated with an account that I am not aware of then that needs to be resolved.

I have tried to explain this as best I can. If I get one more email telling to manage my account and remove the email then I will be getting very angry.

I WILL ASK AGAIN FOR A MANAGER TO CALL ME NOW.... +44XXXXXXX

Sod that....imessage me on that number!

On 26 Oct 2011, at 15:44, iTunes Store wrote:

Hello Ori,

Candice here from the iTunes Store Support Team, as Pete is currently unavailable. I see from your e-mail that my colleagues have been helping you with an issue you have been experiencing when trying to use the new iMessage and FaceTime features, as you are seeing a message that the e-mail address you are trying to use is associated with another account.

I do apologize, but the iTunes Store does not offer telephone support. However, I will be happy to assist you further via e-mail today.

Ori, I have read through this correspondence and I can assure you that the information my colleagues have provided you is correct. When you see the error message "Unable to verify email because it is already in use", this does indicate that the e-mail address associated with your Apple ID is on file with another Apple ID. This does not necessarily mean that you have two Apple IDs with the same primary e-mail address, either. In order for the account to be set up correctly for use with many of these new features, your email address can not be associated with more than one Apple ID or iTunes Store account, not even as an alternate or secondary email. More information about this error message can be found in the following article:

"iOS: FaceTime is 'Unable to verify email because it is in use'"
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3510

The following article may be helpful in determining which Apple ID may have this e-mail address on file:

How to find out if you have multiple Apple IDs
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HE70

If you know of another Apple ID that your e-mail address 'xxxx@mac.com' may be associated with, removing it as a secondary from that Apple ID should resolve the issue. You can do this by signing in with that other Apple ID to the Apple ID management website at the following address:

https://appleid.apple.com/

And clicking on 'Manage Your Account'. You'll have the option to remove secondary e-mail address when you click on 'Name, ID and Email Addresses' toward the left.

I apologize that I can't be of more direct assistance but I hope this will be helpful, Ori. If you have any additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to write back, as iTunes Store Support would be happy to address them for you. Thank you for choosing iTunes, and I hope you have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Candice
    iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

Please note: I work Tuesday - Thursday, 8:00 - 4:30 PM, Friday off. Saturday and Sunday 8:00 - 4:30 PM.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Pete,

Thank you for your reply which once again shows that my time is being wasted.

XXXX@mac.com email address is not registered with any of those accounts!!! I have tried to explain that several times.
    Will someone please tell me why I can't set XXXX@mac email account with XXXX@mac iTunes/iCloud account?

Frankly I don't care if it is or isn't, but for some reason until it is I can't use that address with FaceTime or iMessage. This means that people can't get hold of me. It keeps telling me that the address is already linked to another account.

For the love of god can someone please call me and help me through this. This email thread is long, takes days to reply and I am getting nothing sorted!!!

+44 XXXX

Failing that, please give me the number of a supervisor and I will gladly pay the international charges to call them and get this matter resolved. I shouldn't have to, but I keep getting the same answer from you guys and I keep telling you it doesn't work.

I will be putting this thread on several mac forums to highlight the incompetence I have received so far.

Ori

On 25 Oct 2011, at 16:35, iTunes Store <iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com> wrote:

Hello Ori,

Pete, here from the iTunes/Mac App Store taking over for Wendy.

In order to properly change your AppleID, you need to ensure that the email address you want to use on iCloud is not associated with any other iTunes Store accounts or Apple IDs (as a secondary email address).

You have the following two iTunes accounts which are AppleID's:

XXXX@mac.com
    XXXX@btconnect.com

Once the email has been removed from any other accounts, you should be able to use the email.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance with this issue, as if you do, I would be glad to help. Thank you very much for being part of the iTunes/Mac App Store family, Ori. I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

Pete

Please note, I Work October 25 - 28, 8:00am - 4:30pm (EST).

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy,

I have the distinct impression that you did not read my email. I will try again, but it takes you guys 2 days to respond!!!!!!

I have tried to edit my account so that my email address is part of my apple id. If you would have read my email, then you wouldn't have asked me to do the same thing again as your response.

I can log in to apple Id XXXX@mac.com at the link that you mentioned below. IT WON'T LET ME CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO XXXX@mac.com as it says the email address is already linked to another apple id. What other apple id??????????????
    For the third and hopefully last time, please make sure that the email address XXXX@mac.com is only linked to the apple id XXXX@mac.com.

I would appreciate someone calling me to resolve this matter as it appears that emails are a waste of both our times.

Ori
    +44XXXX

For more information visit our website www.epcassure.com

On 24 Oct 2011, at 17:24, iTunes Store <iTunesStoreSupport@apple.com> wrote:

Hello Ori,

Wendy here from iTunes Store Support. I understand that you need to adjust your Apple ID "XXXX@mac.com" and email "XXXXenergy.com" to a full and valid email address so that you can log in. I know this can be frustrating when you're eager to enjoy your purchases.

Ori, I would like to let you know that you can edit your existing Apple ID to ensure that the email that you'd like to use as your Apple ID is not currently in use.

To change your ID, follow these steps:

-Go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign in with your current credentials

-Once you're signed in, look on the right hand side of the page, you'll see your listed name, Apple ID and Primary email address.

-Below that, you'll see additional emails. Make sure that if you want to use "XXXX@mac.com" as your Primary Email and Apple ID that it isn't present in this section.

-Due to security features in place on the iTunes Store, you'll need to verify your email change.

From here on, you shouldn't have trouble attempting to sign in to your iTunes Store account.

Ori, please let us know if you need some more help with signing with your iTunes Store account, if you do, we would be happy to help. Take care.

Sincerely,

Wendy

Sunday - Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM (EST)

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Tara,

Thank you very much for your reply, however this isn't my problem.

I used to have a mobileme account XXXX@mac.com which I transferred to icloud as instructed.

I am able to log in and manage my XXXX@mac.com icloud/itunes account, but I am unable to use my XXXX@mac email address with itunes, imessage, and facetime as it says my email account is already in use.

This is extremely frustrating. I have tried to log into my XXXX@mac.com account and manage the account and add the email XXXX@mac.com to it, but I get the same message saying it is linked to another account.

Please help.

Ori.

Please see attached screen shot
    On 23 Oct 2011, at 16:58, iTunes Store wrote:
    Dear Ori,

My name is Tara and I can see from your email, you are trying to create an iTunes Store account. I can understand how eager you are to see this issue resolved and I will certainly look into this for you today.

Ori, I've done some research and it appears, that there is an Apple ID called "XXXX@mac.com" in Apple's customer database. This means you don't need to create a new Apple ID, since you can use that Apple ID as your iTunes Store account name.

Here's how to access the iTunes Store using that Apple ID and its password:

1) Make sure you're using the latest version of iTunes. It's available free of charge from the Apple website at:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download

2) Open iTunes.

3) From the Store menu, choose Sign In.

4) Click the Apple radio button, enter your Apple ID and its password, and click Sign In.

5) You will see a dialog saying this: "This Apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes Store. Please review your account information." Click Review and follow the onscreen instructions to sign in with the account.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:

- If you forget the password for your Apple ID, you can reset it via Apple's iForgot website:

http://iforgot.apple.com

- If you do not want to use your existing Apple ID for your iTunes Store account, you can enter a different email address.

- If you wish to change your Apple ID, visit the My Apple ID page at http://appleid.apple.com and sign in with the current Apple ID. Note that if your Apple ID is a MobileMe member name, you won't be able to change it.

Should you continue to experience difficulty accessing or creating an iTunes Store account, please reply to this email with a detailed description of the problem as well as the exact text (if possible) of any error messages you receive.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, please let us know and we would be more than happy to address them for you. Thank you very much for being part of the iTunes Store family, Ori, and I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely,

Tara
    iTunes Store/Mac App Store Support
    http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

My schedule is Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm (EST)

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Not only are you missing the point, but you're a jerk. Check any Apple IDs you've had and their secondary email addresses.

Instead of being rude to these people, work with them. They keep giving you the same answer because you're not listening or asking for clarification.

3. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

This. You get further with people by being kind. These people didn't cause your problems. They are real people. Try some charity.

4. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow....you obviously didn't see that I have tried all of that. In every email I wrote them, I have told them that. My secondary email addresses are blank now.

I lost my temper as it takes days to get a reply with the same instruction which I tell them that I have already tried.

Furthermore, if instead of emailing me and they actually called me, then I could have sorted it. Instead 24 hours go by and I get the same response.

----------

Tried honey...my first 3 emails were all honey.
    I want to speak to someone not wait 24 hours to get an email back saying the same thing.

Look at my first few emails... begging to help.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Your email isn't x'd out in one of the postings.

I can't verify with game center for a similar message, I was told to call iPhone support and let them sort it out.

6. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.
    It's so frustrating being told to do the same thing over and over again when I have already tried it.