Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LUNA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Hi, I bought a refurbished MBP a while ago and it had very bad LCD, so I requested a replacement. I got my replacement today and carefully examined everything on this one. It seems there are a few stuck/dead pixels (I don't quite know their differences, but those pixels are light grey) on the LCD, and there is a small but noticable scratch on the screen. Besides, the bottom of the laptop seems to be a little wraped. I mean, the four small legs on the bottom can not sit on a flat table at the same time, with one leg several mm above the table. So sometimes the laptop would shake when I type. I thought maybe it is just my table, but, after tried different tables, I can be sure it is the laptop itself. Are these things normal for a refurbished MBP, or these are what I should expect for a refurbished item and I am just being supercritical? :confused:

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Personally, I wouldn't be able to handle it not sitting flat, nor the scratch on the screen.

Dyaus

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
I don't think you're being overly critical. I just ordered a refurbished MBP today and if mine had the same problems as the one you've posted about I'd be giving Apple a call.

LUNA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Thanks for the input. I just called apple and they are going to either replace or refund it. I chose refund. After trying two refurbished ones, I decided to hold and buy a new one when the Leopard is out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.