Am I being Throttled by AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mercury66, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mercury66 macrumors newbie

mercury66

For the last 3-4 months I've been using 2-3 GB of data, I think primarily due to heavy Instacast Streaming. It was around this same time that I started getting periodic 3G "outages".... a simple reboot seems to fix the issue (restoring 3G data) until the next time. I've replaced both the phone and sim card, but the problem still continues.

I got my first AT&T SMS last month about the heavy data usage, so I've started to monitor my data more closely. I'm still on the "so called" Unlimited data plan.

I'm currently about 50% through my billing cycle and have used less than 1 GB of data. But I still get my periodic 3G "outages".

Is this a symptom of AT&T "throttling"? If not what could be causing my 3G data outages?

MS

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

You might be using a bad case or you are around some sort of signal blocking item.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, if you were getting throttled you'd know it.
    You wont be able to fix it just by rebooting phone. it goes back to normal speeds once your new billing cycle starts.
    You will be getting 0.1 or 0.2mbps download speeds when throttled.