Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
You don't have OCD. OCD can be a crippling disease. Just because you are particular about something or like things to be "just so" doesn't mean you're OCD.

OCD isn't anywhere near as crippling as overly-sensitive disorder. And I'm pretty sure the op knows more about his or her medical history than you do. Just saying.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
OCD isn't anywhere near as crippling as overly-sensitive disorder. And I'm pretty sure the op knows more about his or her medical history than you do. Just saying.

I'm using the term in the sense that I'm just obsessive over little things on gadgets. I'll notice the smallest things. I don't actually have a history of anything.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I'm using the term in the sense that I'm just obsessive over little things on gadgets. I'll notice the smallest things. I don't actually have a history of anything.

I understand that. It's just a pet peeve of mine to hear it used incorrectly so often. As though being finicky about our precious Apple products is really a condition. We're F'ed up enough already, we don't need to CREATE disorders for ourselves as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.