Am I crazy: Add pic to email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kultschar, Jul 23, 2010.

1. kultschar macrumors 6502a

I just received an email on my phone, I have replied back but before I send Zi want to attach an email from my camera roll.

I can't find how to do this, am I crazy or is this a bug???

2. Jolst macrumors newbie

As far as I know, you can't "attach" photos to mails (I'm assuming that you're on an iPhone since you're posting in the iPhone forum). The only way to send a picture through mail is to open your Photos.app, select a picture, and press the "arrow going out of frame"-icon, then you'll get an option to mail the picture.

If you've already written some text in your reply, I suggest you copy that, so you can easily paste it into your new message.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

My wife asked me the same question. It would be nice if it does that.

4. kuruption macrumors member

The way I have found to do it is when looking at the camera roll click the box with the arrow coming out in the top right corner. Following that select all the photos you want to "attach" then press copy. Then go into mail and go to the draft you want to attach the email to then paste the photos. It's a bit long but it let's you email more than one photo at a time and let's you email a photo in a reply insead of having to write a new email.

5. mcqueen macrumors member

Doesn't always work but I usually copy/paste the image in

6. kultschar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers for the info guys and the copy trick

Another basic limitation from Apple :mad:

7. mrtune macrumors 6502a

The copy trick works great, but I agree that we shouldn't have to go that route. A simple button next to the cancel or send button that can bring up your photos for adding into the email would be nice.

8. kultschar thread starter macrumors 6502a

It really is something strange for Apple to miss as such a basic email necessity!!!