iPhone X Am I Crazy? OLED

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JunkieJeff, Jun 3, 2018.

1. JunkieJeff macrumors member

JunkieJeff

Hi guys,

don’t want to have any apple product expect the iPhone X because the others don’t have an oled screen ....

Had an iPad and sold it because of Touch ID and no oled...

Hope there will be an oled iPad Pro tomorrow...

2. dominiongamma macrumors 65816

Tomorrow will be about software not products, I wouldn’t expect any products until September at the earliest

3. Mr.Blacky macrumors 6502

Huh, you sold your iPad because it had no OLED display? But why? They have still great displays.:confused:

4. EM2013 macrumors 68000

EM2013

There’s probably not going to be new ipads tomorrow and even if they were, this years models won’t be getting oled displays.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Won’t happen. It’s possible an OLED display might be a possibility for a future iPad, but I don’t think Apple even has the suppliers coordinated for an iPad display, let alone they only have Samsung as of now for the 5.8 iPhone X, maybe LG in the future.

Also, there of been almost zero rumors or any indications that there would be an OLED iPad at WWDC.

6. invisibleshoes, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018

invisibleshoes macrumors 6502

Not crazy. After testing out the Galaxy S8 last summer I fell in love with the OLED screen. Thus, went out and bought one for daily use, and even upgraded the S9 very recently. The combination of that with 1440p/500+ ppi when viewing Netflix and Youtube videos is... simply amazing.

7. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I would be very surprised if there was a new iPad Pro tomorrow. It’s rumored to use an A12X which Apple will not release until the A12 comes out in the iPhone first. I’m expecting an October—March launch window. It’s also quite possible that it may have an iPhone X-like appearance in the same way that rumored cheaper LCD iPhone X looking device will. The new generation of LCD allows for the rounded corners near the edge of the display and smaller bezels. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that in the iPad Pro for another generation to keep price down and supply higher for products like iPhone X which fetch a higher margin.

8. aakshey macrumors 65816

aakshey

An OLED iPad will not be priced any lower than USD 999 exclusive of taxes for the base model. And may not feasible even at that price point.

9. killhippie macrumors regular

killhippie

The iPads have great screens, cant believe you sold it. Also OLED screens do have limitations and image retention and burn in can be an issue, which is why TV manufacturers have so many features to help with that like ABL and daily panel calibration etc after so many hours viewing time. There may be more of an issue on a larger display (its easier to see) so Apple may be testing OLED on larger screens with features to help mitigate burn in and retention which all OLED panels suffer from, some more than others as always with OLED because its a panel lottery anyway as some are better than others. I would have kept my iPad mine for sure as I highly doubt you will see one this year..

10. Newtons Apple, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018

Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It will be a few years before we see OLED on iPads. Possible another tech if not OLED.

11. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

Moonjumper

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the iPad jump OLED and go straight to microLED in a few years time.

12. Ralfi macrumors 68020

Ralfi

What did Touch ID do to deserve this?