Am I crazy to return my 6 Plus ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2strokedude, Sep 29, 2014.

1. 2strokedude macrumors member

2strokedude

I'm thinking about trading it in for a 4.7 iPhone 6. I have big hands, thats not the issue. My issue is just the general size of it in my pocket. I use it as an iPod, so when I'm hiking, biking working out etc... I'm just having a hard time getting use to it.
    What do you all think, am I alone or total nuts?
    I need to make a decision before this friday. 14 day return policy.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Naw, you'd only be crazy if you let forum members here (and their own preferences) sway your decision ;)

In all seriousness though, simply go with the one that is most comfortable for you. Would you want to drive around an SUV for years if a Sedan was better for your situation?

3. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Its a big phone and there have to be tradeoffs when using it.

If you're unhappy with the tradeoffs then get the 6 which is just as good a phone bar OIS and bigger battery.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Get what you need/want. Don't worry about what others think

5. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Are you "nuts"? No. Are you likely just suffering some anxiety because the window for returning your phone is closing in and you're not 100% used to your phone? I would say that's a pretty good likelihood.

Are you liking the phone? Is it suiting your needs? These are the questions that only you can answer.

If you looked around the forum you'd see that there are and have been several threads on this issue with varying responses. Some people were glad to get the smaller phone, some people regretted swapping.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Nope your not nuts. Go with the device that will work for you.

7. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

yes, but not for returning your phone.

...maybe you should have made this a poll?

8. muledogus macrumors 6502

I'm 6 hours into owning my 6+ and every time I pick up my 5s now I think "wow, it's cool how little and compact this is." However, I know it's a big change that I'll have to get used to and I'll find qualities of having a larger phone that I also enjoy, so I'm going to give it a while before I make any decisions on changing.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

all I can say is get what works for you and your lifestyle, and that sometimes includes more than how it looks and feels in your hands

10. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Not at all mate.

Its a lot of money, and you have to really enjoy using it, and it should fit your life style.

I love mine, though going through the same process of deciding.

11. caprica21 macrumors member

No

No you are not! You are not the only one.
    I cancelled my 6+ pre-order and got 6 next day from Apple Store.

12. jod1921, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

jod1921 macrumors member

Yes everything is bigger on the plus. Screen, antenna and battery are just a few. The call quality is phenomenal. I used to have to call my father on his land line because the call quality was so bad on his iPhone 5. The 6 plus sounds like he's on the land line. He lives in the middle of nowhere. 2 1/8 hours lte usage including 1/2 streaming Netflix, 13 1/2 standby. 85 % battery. Wow

13. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

I'm a big phone guy. But it does suck for cycling

14. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I have a plus that I really love and I wouldn't give it up for nothing. My wife also had the plus but she had doubts about the size and I urged her to switch it out. She listened and got the 6 and is much happier now. The plus might not be for you.

15. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

16. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Given the fact that you've used it long enough to make a reasoned decision? Not nuts at all. Totally rational and likely the right choice for you.

17. Chaztrip macrumors member

I have had mine for about 2 hours and I am in love with it. The screen is just amazing!!!!!!! But there are pros and cons of it as well.

18. dago5252 macrumors member

dago5252

Are you considering getting the watch? Assuming the watch will work without the phone on your hip. I am in the same boat but have not purchased anything yet. I jog, but the plus would be awesome for business. My plan is to get the plus and then the watch to jog with so I can keep track of my runs.

19. Ramrod82 macrumors regular

Ramrod82

Get what's best for you! My best advice coming coming back in the day to the 4S to original Note and almost returning it within a two days is give it a week or so to get used to the size....if you still feel the 4.7 is for you return stat!! Don't listen to people on here saying you will regret it!! You are the living with the phone!

20. HeadphoneAddict macrumors 6502

HeadphoneAddict

I pre-ordered the 6+ on 9/12 and it arrives in 3 days, but I've been using a 6 since day one. I love the 6, and I'm also having second thoughts about whether to keep the 6+ when it arrives. But I don't think the 6 is big enough for most of my web browsing still.

So, I'm going to play with it and see how it feels to use it for a few days before I make the final decision. Maybe I'll keep it and use it like an iPad mini, and pass my iPad mini retina down to my son. I still have an iPad Air for when I need something really big.

So, no you aren't crazy.

21. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Yes

22. Zinthar macrumors 6502

I just ordered the 4.7" 6 (will arrive tomorrow), but was about to switch to the Plus before I learned that my order shipped. Like you, I'm not sure what to do because of concern about the use of the Plus while working out.

What do the Plus users on MR do in order to use the phone for music, etc. while running/working out?

23. 2strokedude thread starter macrumors member

2strokedude

Well I think I'm going to stay big. If I went down to a 4.7" it would probably be like going from a 60" flat screen to a 48".
    I'll get use to it. I already love it. I Appreciate the feedback.