Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cheeseadiddle, Jun 7, 2008.

1. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

Am I crazy? I've been really wanting a laptop for my only computer lately. We have a 2.8 iMac [which I use], a 2.4 20" iMac that my gf uses, and a 2.0 MacBook that we share.

I've been thinking about giving the 24 to my gf, selling the 20 and buying a 15" refurb MBP. I play in a band and want to do some recording with the laptop. I really only play one game, and that's AOE. I could live without that if I had to. Most of my use is internet and music. If I had a MBP, she could use the MB exclusively when we are out at the coffee shops. As it stands, I don't feel like I'll miss the 24. After all, If I needed it for something, I could just go use it.

2. byocrysis macrumors regular

byocrysis

I say go for the MBP. It should be able to handle AOE no problem, so why not go for it.

3. yadmonkey macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

And the MBP will make a great recording hub. We did our last demo on a G4 Powerbook and it sounds fantastic!

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

MBP- especially if it's going to be your only computer.

5. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Seems like you already made up your mind :p! The mbp is a great choice, if you need more screen estate you can always hook it up to a monitor.