am i doing something wrong? pandora/tune in radio...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by x-evil-x, May 15, 2015.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

I have bluetooth headphones and the only thing i can get to work with them is music i store on the phone. When i try to play things from my phone do i have to connect my earbuds to the phone and not the watch? only thing that seems to work over bluetooth is music loaded on the watch itself.
    Id like to keep my phone in my locker and steam pandora or tune in radio. The watch stays connected to the phone the whole time in the gym but i can't connect to bluetooth straight to the earbuds because of distance.

2. gmann21133 macrumors member

gmann21133

If you are listening to audio that comes from the phone you have to listen from that as the source. If your headphones are connected to your watch try force touch and select your phone as the source. If the aforementioned does not work, then you will have to connect your headset to your phone. I don't have my watch yet, but I have been reading everything.

3. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

Yep. That seems to be the case to me, too. You can connect headphones by bluetooth to your iPhone and use the Apple Watch to control playback from the iPhone. Or, alternatively, you can load a 1 or 2 Gig playlist to the Apple Watch and listen to that with bluetooth headphones connecting to the Watch directly. But I can't get anything else to connect the Watch to headphones directly. Much of the time this distinction probably won't matter, but your example seems to be a situation where it does matter.

4. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

makes sense i just don't understand why there is even a pandora or other music app if you can't connect to your watch to use it since the distance between the watch and the phone is much longer than bluetooth range. too bad

5. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

You can think of the pandora watch app as more of a remote control for pandora on your phone. I use it in the car all the time when I have the phone connected to the car through bluetooth so I don't have to pull out the phone to change stations or anything.

6. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

yea i can see benefits in some ways but its frustrating in others.

7. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Right now the watch API's are very limited and developers can't access any of the watch hardware, so the apps we have now are the best the developers can do with what they're presented. However, Apple should be opening the API's up a lot more in time. I have hope that we'll see some changes at WWDC in early June.