Am I dreaming?

Lankyman

macrumors 68010
Original poster
May 14, 2011
U.K.
As title says - am I dreaming. Just upgraded my iMac to Lion and happened to click on the Apple icon top left of screen where shut down options are. I have noticed that the keyboard shortcut symbols for sleep restart and shutdown have all disappeared? Please tell me I'm not dreaming and they were there previously in SL? :confused:

DollFaceDork

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2011
Narnia
Shutdown immediately (no confirmation) Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Eject
Restart immediately (no confirmation) Cmd-Ctrl-Eject
Sleep immediately (no confirmation) Cmd-Opt-Eject
Put display to sleep Ctrl-Shift-Eject

These work?

Lankyman

macrumors 68010
Original poster
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Shutdown immediately (no confirmation) Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Eject
Restart immediately (no confirmation) Cmd-Ctrl-Eject
Sleep immediately (no confirmation) Cmd-Opt-Eject
Put display to sleep Ctrl-Shift-Eject

These work?
Yes thanks I know that but where have they gone from the menu is my question?

basher

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ USA
Yep, the shortcuts are gone from my Lion install. What's the big deal if you already know the shortcuts? I like that it makes the menu items easier to read.

I guess the good is that at least your not complaining about Mission Control or Launchpad.:)

Lankyman

macrumors 68010
Original poster
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Yep, the shortcuts are gone from my Lion install. What's the big deal if you already know the shortcuts? I like that it makes the menu items easier to read.

I guess the good is that at least your not complaining about Mission Control or Launchpad.:)
It's not a big deal, what promted me to post was that I bought a new Mini earlier in the week that came preinstalled with Lion then upgraded my iMac to Lion. It was then I noticed no keyboard shortcuts for sleep etc. and I just began to wonder if they had ever been there in the first place or if I had imagined them and I was going bonkers. It does seem strange they have been omitted though, perhaps Apple is dropping hints that the future is more like iOS where you won't need a keyboard? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.