iPad Am I elegible for a jailbreak?

necropunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
London
Hi there guys,

I'm running IOS 6.1.3 (10b329) on a 4th generation Ipad. All updates done OTA. Never synced with a computer.

I have an old MacBook Pro, running 10.5.8. My ITunes version is 10.6.1 (7).

I wonder if I can safely jailbreak with this software?

I was able to do a thetered jailbreak (redsn0w) on a 3GS, just in case this info might help (I think that some jailbreaks rely on iTunes libraries and such, hence my point).

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi there guys,

I'm running IOS 1.6.3 (10b329) on a 4th generation Ipad. All updates done OTA. Never synced with a computer.

I have an old MacBook Pro, running 10.5.8. My ITunes version is 10.6.1 (7).

I wonder if I can safely jailbreak with this software?

I was able to do a thetered jailbreak (redsn0w) on a 3GS, just in case this info might help (I think that some jailbreaks rely on iTunes libraries and such, hence my point).
You cannot get any form of jailbreak on the iPad 4th gen since its running 6.1.3

necropunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
London
To many people are asking this.

I wasn't aware of the non-existence of a jailbrake for 6.1.3.

I had reservations regarding the possibity of a jailbrake given my out-dated software.

Would it be possible to jailbreak if I was running IOS 6?

quietstormSD

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
Also if you want to be nice to the jailbreak gods out there. You shouldn't do OTA updates. I believe if there was the ability to downgrade to earlier jailbreakable iOS versions for A5+ devices (there currently isn't) and you saved your SHSH blobs for an iOS version which you updated using OTA, you wouldn't have the appropriate SHSH blobs for restoring to an earlier version of iOS using redsnow, which generally has been the way previous devices have used to restore back to earlier versions of iOS.

necropunk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
London
You didn't even TRY to look, did you? Lol

I had reservations about a jailbreak not because of my IOS version but due to the software that I'm running. OSX 10.5.8 and iTunes 10.6.

It could be the case that a jailbreak was indeed available, but evasion and redsn0w couldn't run on my machine.

I can't even connect my Ipad to ITunes 10.6. Since some jailbreaks use iTunes core libraries I thought this was a perfectly reasonable question.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If you expect to manage your newer iDevice, you need to use a newer computer which will accept the newest iTunes, Redsn0w, evasi0n.

But, as stated, no jailbreak for your iDevice.

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
So is that mean there won't be any JB for iPad4 as it has A6 chip? I also have iPad4 running 6.1.3. If there's nothing is it safe to update to 7.0..3

Cheers

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
So is that mean there won't be any JB for iPad4 as it has A6 chip? I also have iPad4 running 6.1.3. If there's nothing is it safe to update to 7.0..3

Cheers
There will be a jailbreak for 6.1.3 for all devices before the end of the year

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
If you expect to manage your newer iDevice, you need to use a newer computer which will accept the newest iTunes, Redsn0w, evasi0n.

But, as stated, no jailbreak for your iDevice.
No offense dhlizard, but I jailbroke my iPhone 5 and my wife's iPhone 5 using a circa 2003-2004 1Ghz PC running Win 7 with USB 1.1 ports and 512k of ram.

Apple is still supporting older PC hardware/software, just not older Macs.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
No offense dhlizard, but I jailbroke my iPhone 5 and my wife's iPhone 5 using a circa 2003-2004 1Ghz PC running Win 7 with USB 1.1 ports and 512k of ram.

Apple is still supporting older PC hardware/software, just not older Macs.
Great, but the thread starters question specifically concerned his older Mac, which is no longer supported.

kelvinzhou1000

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Ipad For Jailbreak

No, your ipad has been updated to the latest version and the jailbreak team hasn't get ready to release the new jailbreak download link. There are nothing to do until it releases.