Am i getting 2 free iphone cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigOrangeSU, Jul 23, 2010.

1. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

Hi-
    So I purchased my iPhone 4 from ATT Premier and got it on launch day. I also picked up a bumper from the Apple store on a different day. According to apple they are going to automatically refund my credit card for the bumper and then I can also get one from the free case app?

Thanks!

2. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

It's a maybe right now. I am in the same boat as you. I checked at Apple's site and they said my credit card is being refunded for the bumper I bought at the retail store. I then went and ordered another bumper from the App and so far that order has gone through. We'll just have to wait and see if both the refunds and bumper go through all the way.

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

What does LOGIC tell you? :rolleyes:

4. random person macrumors 6502a

I bought one through the online store and one at an Apple retail store. Got an email but I'm not sure which has been refunded, or if both are being refunded, etc. Can anyone enlighten me?

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'm pretty sure Apple knows what they are doing, and won't let anything slip by....

6. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

Logic tells me that the bumper I ordered from the App will not ship. However, how does Apple know that the bumper I bought from the retail store was for my phone? It could have been a gift since I got the bumper a few weeks after I bought my phone.

I'll be happy with one free bumper, but having a free back up for when my current bumper wears out would be pretty nice as well.

7. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

8. big0mar macrumors regular

Get a ****ing job.

The amount of time you've spent on the entire thing is likely to cost you more than the bumper is worth. Its a simple concept called 'opportunity cost'.

9. bababoey14 macrumors regular

If we have learned anything the past month it's the opposite lol

10. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

There's people who have already gotten refunds on multiple bumpers, so idk about that.

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I know right, the same way the "antenna testing" didn't slip! :D

Anyways, Those cases are cents to apple, and the 3er party are maybe just a couple of dollars, I am sure they counted for a small population getting 2 or more.

I got my bumper weeks before I got my iPhone 4, there is no way for them to know or relate my origina order with my iPhone ID or Apple ID.

I was planning in getting a second case and not "claim" a refund. but they seen to be refunding them automatically.

12. jmitch150 macrumors regular

jmitch150

I don't really care if I get another case, as long as I get refunded for the bumper.

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Lol, you serious? Logic tells you Apple will NOT ship ANYONE a bumper because ... why again? You answered your own question dude. You're making this way to complex.

Remember the old saying K.I.S.S ? Please apply that here :)

14. protox macrumors regular

I got both refunded. I ordered right after the announcement along with an iPhone 32GB. Didn't expect to get both refunded but not complaining.

15. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

Logic tells me Apple will not ship the bumper I ordered from the free bumper App because they have already refunded me for the bumper I bought at the retail store.

16. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

Yeah one of my GFs just told me that she got refunded for all four that she bought for variety! :eek:

17. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

As of this morning I have received a credit back to my card for all 3 Bumpers I've purchased in an Apple Store. Apparently they are just automatically reversing the charges for any purchases that match the SKU's of the Bumpers. I purchased a black, green, and orange in store, so it's not limited to only the black ones, even though that's all they are offering for free now. And there is another poster on MR here who has already received credit for the 7 Bumpers she has purchased. I was only expecting credit for one, but to have them all refunded is a welcomed gift!

18. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Like you said, how does Apple know it wasn't a gift? Again, you are thinking way too hard on this. ;)

19. BigOrangeSU thread starter macrumors regular

I am hoping my black bumper from retail gets refunded so I can then order a colored bumper when they become available.

20. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Anyone trying to get two free cases should just be ashamed. WHY? Just cause you can? (or think you can). There's going to be a mad rush for these cases, why congest things further by trying to get 2 for yourself? And even if you don't, you'll me making more work for Apple weeding out the scammers. If you want more than one case, get a bunch of eBay cases for 99 cents each. I hate this kinda stuff.

21. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I don't think Apple will invest any time on this, those cases are so cheap that it doesn't worth it (same thing they did with Snow leopard upgrade/fresh install release, $30 vs $79).

22. watercrawl macrumors newbie

You can't blame people who bought multiple cases and are getting them refunded automatically. But, you can certainly look sideways at the people who are getting a case(s) refunded and then requesting a free one too. That's rather much BS and I hope the saying "What goes around, comes around" bites you guys in the ass some day.

23. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

Apple has actually done it to themselves by auto-refunding ANY Bumper purchase. I nor the other people out there that they automatically credited back for multiple Bumper purchases initiated any of it, Apple reversed the charges on all Bumpers on their own. We couldn't even stop them from doing it if we wanted to. So apparently Apple is ok with individuals getting multiple free cases from the deal (they have to know that people have purchased more than one Bumper, hell, they advertise them as such), so why should anyone feel "ashamed" if Apple wants to credit all of them back, and an individual just so happened to have purchased multiple cases?

24. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I highly doubt those people will receive a free bumper. What would make it even sweeter was if they did receive a free bumper but then charged them again for their first one. They couldn't really complain, since they DID receive a free bumper just like everyone else.

You're right though, when you do try to trick the system, a lot of the time it ends up biting you in the ass and I see this possibly being the "case" here.

25. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

The problem I see with it is that I don't see how Apple can find this out though (those that have received an auto-refund due to an in-store purchase AND are trying to order a free case through the new app). I know (at least at my local Apple Store) that when I purchased my 3 Bumpers in store via credit card, that their is nothing that links me to those 3 purchases. They didn't ask for my iTunes or Apple account ID. So those purchases were just auto-refunded because their product SKU just matched the ones they are refunding. So if someone that purchased in store and receieved a refund ordered a free one through the app, how would Apple know? It's done by your iTunes/Apple store ID, which the in store purchases weren't recorded by.

P.S. Before anyone says that I'm doing such, I'm not. I have 3 Bumpers already, including the black one offered in the program, plus the only other worthwhile case out of that free selection (PixelSkin HD). The other cases look like crap to me, plus Apple has already refunded me $95 dollars that they didn't have to. I'm good with what they've done for me, but just thinking about how they could possibly catch "abusers".