Am I getting a good price?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by virginblue4, Dec 2, 2015.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I'm selling my iMac (specs below) to a friend for £800. Obviously this is cash and I won't have to deal with any potential problems (also no fees) like I may do through eBay or the likes. I'm not sure whether to take the hassle free £800 or to put it on eBay?

Late 2012 (warranty until Feb 2016)
    3.4ghz i7
    680MX 2GB
    24GB RAM
    1TB Fusion Drive

iMac is in perfect condition with keyboard, trackpad and all original packaging.

2. twilexia macrumors 6502

Hell I'd buy it from you at that price.

You could probably get about 100-200$ more on ebay (this one looks similar to yours http://www.ebay.com/itm/iMac-27-inc...572779?hash=item43e66ae06b:g:8LAAAOSw7FRWXM7D), but I do think the hassle-free part of it is worth.

On the other hand, it does depend on the friend. If he ends up finding something wrong with it and begins blaming you/asking for his money back, it could ruin the friendship. Sometimes mixing business and friendship isn't such a great idea especially when real amounts of money are involved.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It seems fair to me mate you might get more on ebay etc but what with postage dealing with idiots and fees it's probably best to go for this deal.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It may be a tad on the low side, but you're correct, a guaranteed sale vs. trying to sell it on eBay which can be a headache and take more time.