Am I Going Crazy???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sirpots, Dec 30, 2011.

1. sirpots macrumors regular

Okay about a month ago I noticed this strange tapping or clicky noise when tapping the bottom left of my trackpad nothing else. So on Tuesday I went to the apple store to the Genius Bar and asked what they thought. The genius took it back with him cleaned it out but too noticed that it still made the noise so he was going to replace the trackpad. GREAT! So today after the repairs I go to pick it up, bring it home and I test to see if it makes the noise, nope! Was feeling a lot better. Later on in the day I started listening to music and doing other sorts of stuff when I hear the noise again but its more faint. Is this just me over analyzing the trackpad or should I take it back to the Genius's again? Just seeing what you guys think.

2. aCondor macrumors 6502

Is it not supposed to make a sound when you "tap" it?

3. Heebeejeebies, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011

Heebeejeebies macrumors regular

Heebeejeebies

I think the OP may be talking about a click before the actual click, which happened to my MBP. Apparently it was the layers of the trackpad that had separated. In the end, I just tightened the screw at the center of the trackpad from the inside of the MBP. On my 2008 MBP, it's as simple as pulling out the battery.

Hope that helps...

[​IMG]

4. sirpots thread starter macrumors regular

okay will have to look into that, I just don't want to have the thought in my mind every time I use my trackpad :eek: thanks

5. thekb macrumors 6502a

I am also having a problem with my MacBook trackpad. It doesn't click at all anymore. I've taken it to the Genius Bar a couple of times and they have adjusted that same screw I imagine and made it work, but it has happened again (3rd time in under 2 years ... very annoying). I'd rather just service it myself, if it's not too involved.

Do you know where I can find more instructions on this procedure and whether there is a way for users to do it themselves on MacBooks without removable batteries?

Thanks

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

7. sirpots thread starter macrumors regular

lol thanks. I think :confused: