Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
every so often my screen flickers like iPhoto does when it takes a picture though the whole thing doesnt go white just the sides, is somone remotely controlling my isight camera? btw the green light doesnt go on.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
No, you're not hacked, it sounds like a loose video connection. Call/bring it in to Apple.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Sweener88 said:
every so often my screen flickers like iPhoto does when it takes a picture though the whole thing doesnt go white just the sides, is somone remotely controlling my isight camera? btw the green light doesnt go on.

No you are not hacked. Who would want to take a picture of you? :D

It could be your graphics card playing up or even your logic board. Not sure but it doesnt sound good.

kgarchar

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2006
i know what you mean, that happened to me a few weeks ago when i was using ichat, when i would send a message, i would get a white flash. it was weird because it was only when i would send a message. it has yet to happen again though

Sweener88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Im EVERYWHERE!
hi, i retstarted my mac and it seems to be fine, that was wierd tho, i was using ichat and msn but only chatting in msn. wierd....

X-Morgan

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2006
If you go to System Preferences > Universal Access > Hearing and make sure the option "Flash screen when an alert sound occurs" is unticked.

Hope this does the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.