Am I hosed? wifi/iSight/fans

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by btownguy, Oct 30, 2013.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

Thought I was doing a standard upgrade to my mid-2009 MacBook Pro 15". I replaced the spindle drive with an SSD. Easy. I removed my SuperDrive and installed a bay with a spindle drive in that location. Closed everything up, powered up, and started a fresh install of OSX Mavericks from USB.

First thing I noticed was that the fans were running pretty fast, right from the beginning. The OSX install was easy and both new drives were recognized by Disk Utility. After OSX was installed and it got to the point where you start accepting agreements, it got to the page where you select your network connection. WiFi was grayed out. Couldn't figure it out and couldn't get past it so I selected "this computer does not connect to the Internet" just to proceed.

When I got to the desktop, I noticed that the iSight camera was not working either. I did not test Bluetooth however.

So I'm pretty sure this has to do with that logic board connector that is right next to the SuperDrive (the one with the cable that runs along the SuperDrive). I believe this cable handles wifi, Bluetooth, and iSight.

The connector was somewhat difficult to slide in but it did go in. If you look at the connector and the port on the logic board it doesn't look damaged.

So am I hosed? Did I screw this up beyond reasonable repair? Is this going to require a new logic board?

2. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

An obvious question, but did you try re-seating that cable/connector?

3. btownguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, of course. Several times.

4. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48