Am I just cynical or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by davemartin01, Nov 20, 2010.

1. davemartin01 macrumors newbie

The last few days of so my battery is suddenly only lasting an hour or so on my macbook pro 13" when before it was about 6 or 7 hours. On further reading I find out Apple's warranty is for 300 cycles. I check my cycles and I am on 303. I find this rather coincidental that my macbook should suddenly change on the nail.

Is this a built in ploy from Apple for people to run out and spend money on new batteries or am I just cynical and it's one big unlucky coincidence?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I vote for the "one big unlucky coincidence." I do find it difficult to believe it went from 6-7 hours of life to 1 hour or so of life overnight. It had to slowly deteriorate to this point as most all battery's do.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Additionally, I'm on the second battery for my MBP and it only has 98 cycles on it. I use it all the time and never have I had it go from multiple hours of life to one over night.

[​IMG]

4. amoda macrumors 6502a

Call AppleCare, I'd be flabbergasted if they didn't help you out.

5. deeesea macrumors 6502

I vote for the former. I think you offended Steve Jobs somehow and he made your you bought a special MBP with a time battery failure @ exactly 300 charge cycles. I think you should send him an email, apologize, and offer up a sacrificial lamb in his honour.

Honestly, Iuno what you did buddy, but dude, you angered him bad. Beg for apology ASAP!
    :rolleyes:

I are super troll