Am I lucky?? or...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raphy, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Raphy macrumors member

I'm getting pretty good life out of my battery but it sounds like others are getting around only 5 hours or so. I'm getting sometimes up to 8 hours before I have to charge it. Am I doing something right? What's the deal?

IMG_0115.PNG

anyone know how to attach a pic from the iPhone itself onto here?

2. Nanookfan macrumors member

I feel it mostly depends on the person and how they use there phone, ie how much surfing, texting, video, email, ect. that they do in a time period. For me, so far with the 3Gs I have been able to get about 2 days of "normal" use (for me) before I have to charge it again.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Did the actual hardware battery capacity of the 3Gs increase or are they just touting software power optimization?

4. aidricksdad macrumors regular

aidricksdad

yes it has a bigger battery but only a little biggger

my 3gs has not got here yet but i charge my 3g all day till 6 pm and usually dont have to charge it till 9 am next morning but i am excited to see how much longer it will last

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68030

I'm really surprised that Apple didn't put a 1400 or 1600mAh battery in the 3GS. Maybe it was a matter of size or heat ...

6. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

I was able to use mine all day, listened to music for a total of about 3-4 hours, using various apps during about half that time, texting and calling throughout the entire day with 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth and Push on. It got down to 5% at exactly 11:12pm after taking it off charge at 8:45am.

7. Knoxville3G macrumors member

You're not the only one! Over the weekend after getting my 3G-S, I got 2 full days out of my first full charge! I kept the phone on EDGE and WiFi at my house, lots of texting, some surfing, and a few calls. I was HELLA impressed with that battery life. MUCH LONGER than my 3G in similar circumstances.

Maybe I got one of the special ones with perfect batteries. :p

8. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Heat is more of an issue, for things of this size...