Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shuffles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
dublin, ireland
I currently own a MBP 13" late 2009 2.53ghz, 4 gig ram, 500gig hd. I was over at a friends the other day and was using his Black MacBook 2008. I absolutely fell in love with it. I really want one and am considering selling mine for one. Am I mad for thinking this? I dunno, I suppose I love the fact that it's kinda retro and u don't see many around anymore. Everywhere I look, I see unibodies. Although I'm not sure if I could adjust to the old style (non multi touch) track pad and also lose the led display.

iPhoneCollector

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2010
Home
dude don'T sell or trade. the MBP is much superior to the blackbook. it may look nice but it's still old technology. and trust me after you got it you will find yourself whining about the lacks of functionality.

dnkbro

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
1ibuch.jpg

GadgetAddict

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
By all means do not sell your current machine. But if you look around you could get a black macbook pretty cheap as a second laptop. This way you won't downgrade and you will get in touch with your love..

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
Get a new MacBook and have Colorware PC paint it black?

such a ripoff. Colorware is insane with their pricing.

I'd stay away from a blackbook though. The heavily used ones look the part showing tons of grease from your hands on the trackpad, keys, and palm rest. They look cool from a distance but up close they look like crap. I'd rather cough up a few hundred for a good cr-48 on ebay and use it as a back up for some fun.

ZombieZakk

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2011
buy a black case and and black palm guard lol

i have a late 2006 blackbook 2ghz C2D 2gb ram and 120gb hdd that hting works as good today as the day i bought it i gave it to my fiance last year with the exception of the graphics card beign very weak its a great lil machine for light users. it was my first mac ever and made me fall in love with them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.