Am I making right X purchase method?

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I am grandfathered in the ATT unlimited and my 2-year contract ended last month. I am currently paying $90/month for unlimited.

I am willing to pay full price for iPhone X. Should I buy via Apple app, apple site, or ATT site?

Is it a mistake to pay full price or go with apple update program? I want to keep grandfathered ATT unlimited and do not want to pay for ATT next. Is there a benefit to Next program? Pros/cons.

I usually use phones for full 2 years and don't want to be in another contract. I also froze my credit due to Equifax hack.

Thanks.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
what do you mean you do not want to pay for ATT next?

I can't see why it would be a mistake to buy outright. If you keep phones 2 years it seems like a great way to go.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You can purchase via any method above.
It wont make a difference and will not cause you to lose you grandfathered unlimited data.
Its up to you if you want to pay it all at once or split it to monthly playments.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Are there any benefits to other options? I've looked at apple upgrade program and att next. would rather not be tied to a 24/30 month contract.

You can purchase via any method above.
It wont make a difference and will not cause you to lose you grandfathered unlimited data.
Its up to you if you want to pay it all at once or split it to monthly playments.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Wags

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
Hi,

I am grandfathered in the ATT unlimited and my 2-year contract ended last month. I am currently paying $90/month for unlimited.

I am willing to pay full price for iPhone X. Should I buy via Apple app, apple site, or ATT site?

Is it a mistake to pay full price or go with apple update program? I want to keep grandfathered ATT unlimited and do not want to pay for ATT next. Is there a benefit to Next program? Pros/cons.

I usually use phones for full 2 years and don't want to be in another contract. I also froze my credit due to Equifax hack.

Thanks.
Can't get discounted iPhone under grandfathered plan anymore.

Can use Apple or ATT. Whichever you feel more comfortable using.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Are there any benefits to other options? I've looked at apple upgrade program and att next. would rather not be tied to a 24/30 month contract.
You aren't tied to a contract with those. You can pay off the device any time you would like. They are essentially just 0% interest loans.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Im the same way.
I dont like to take 2 years and make payments on a phone. Others like it cause its interest free but like you said its also like a locking mechanism.
With the Apple upgrade Program you are required to have Applecare Plus on the device. So depending on the phone you pick it could be an added $200 to the cost of the device.