Am I missing a trick Here (imove & idvd)?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beck, Apr 23, 2007.

1. beck macrumors member

ive got a good hour video from my camcorder that i want to put on a dvd for me and my friends. Ive got it all edited down into the clips i want on the dvd (most of this is short little funny clips etc) The problem comes when i want to move it from imove to idvd, if i just drag over the clip i want it becomes unedited, if i share -> send to idvd as soon as i start moving things about it gets all muddled up. Some of the clips seem to work, others dont.

All i want is to chop up my video and put it into idvd to make a nice dvd, once the clip has finished

2. 66217 Guest

I've never had problems with iMovie an iDVD.

You could try saving the iMovie file, and then, in iDVD, import the file (drag and drop). Save it as a quicktime clip.

3. beck thread starter macrumors member

this is realy geting me anoyed now, i thought making dvds was suposed to be easy on a mac?

e.g. i want to chop the start of a clip off, so i split and deleate the part i want, if i export to idvd it works, if i drag it doesnt. Whats going on!

ive done the quicktime thing but it takes hours, this should be quick and easy

4. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

No need to drag the clips. Just assemble them in iMovie how you'd like to watch them (you can even add chapter markers so you can access them individually on the DVD) and then use the Share command to send your movie to iDVD. Here's Apple's support page on this: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iDVD/6.0/en/21.html