Am I missing something?Does having a 4.7" phone mean the 4" suddenly ceases to exist?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Izauze, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Izauze macrumors 6502

Why does everyone act like the mere existence of a 4.7" or 5.5" phone causes all other phones to disintegrate?

The smallhanded amongst us can rest assured that the 4" will still exist the next day. In fact, it will just get cheaper. Sure, if and when it gets updated, it probably won't get all the bells and whistles, but that's not because it's 4 inches… It's because it will be considered the less desirable budget option and will need to reduce its price/feature set in accordance with the lower demand.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

You don't get it.

People who like the 4" form factor want it to be continually updated each year with the newest hardware internals and specs.

You act like just because a year old 4" phone is still available for purchase that somehow should make them happy :rolleyes:

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Yeah, that about sums it up. Get your 5S while they last.

4. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I don't get why people are freaking over an increase of .7". You're not going to have to change anything or even get used to anything for more than a day.

5. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Unless I have a newer thinner lighter more feature laden device, every month, I am not happy.