Am I missing something? My Safari is soooo slow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johneaston, Mar 22, 2011.

1. johneaston macrumors regular

Especially when I open it having just started my Macbook Pro (as opposed to waking it). BBC News is my homepage and, from clicking on Safari in the dock to getting a complete BBC News page takes around 22 seconds.

With Firefox and Chrome (which I've just downloaded to check) it takes about 2 seconds.

Is this sluggishness normal with Safari or have I got some problem?

2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Try repairing permissions. Another thing to try is creating another account and see if the problem is system wide or your account. It also be a corrupt preference file.

I never hear of other browsers have these problems on the Mac. I can see why Safari can be the most hated browser with some people.

3. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Safari in general

Safari has always been so slow.. even 5.0.4 is still slow somewhat.. for my browser choices, I use Google Chrome, Omniweb, Firefox(of course).. sometimes Camino..

I think the consensus here is that Safari is the most reviled of them all.. but it does have some nice features.. like being able to download a youtube movie just by looking at the activity monitor.. aside from that, its rendering engine is very slow.