Am I missing something. Syncing problem.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tweaks, Aug 29, 2008.

1. tweaks macrumors regular

I thought that if I typed in a new contact on the iphone it will automatically be pushed to the "cloud". I have a new contact and it just remains on my iphone......what the hell?

Anybody have any idea what i am doing wrong??

Or......am I only allowed to input the contacts on the me.com site?

Thanks!!

I have checked all of my settings and everything is allowing for a sync (automatically). I dont know what the deal is........

2. spicoli macrumors member

It should work exactly the way you expect it. I know you said everything was set up to sync, but check this one thing on your iPhone. Go to settings>mail, contacts, calendars>"your account you are syncing", and make sure it has what options you want to sync. For me in has mail, contacts, calendars. For your contacts, it needs to include the "contacts". If it isn't, select that account and turn on contacts (and any other items you wish to sync). If I am repeating what you have already done, I apologize.

If it still isn't working, it may "another" bug with MobileMe. I am still unable to sync calendars with outlook about about a month.

Hope this sheds a little light. Good luck.