Am I missing something?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bolo4u, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Bolo4u macrumors member

I just updated my 3GS to iOS 4.2.1, and do not see any option or icon for airplay or airprint, despite the footnotes at the bottom of the Apple iOS website specifically stating it would be available. Am I missing something?:confused:

Link: http://www.apple.com/ios/

*** Not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking, AirPrint, and VoiceOver are available on iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch (3rd generation and later). AirPlay and Game Center are available on iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch (2nd generation and later).
    Multitasking is available with apps that have been developed to work with iOS 4.
    You can create a free Find My iPhone account on any iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod touch (4th generation) running iOS 4.2. Once you create an account on a qualifying device, use your Apple ID and password to enable Find My iPhone on your other devices running iOS 4.2. Find My iPhone is not available in all countries.
    Game Center works with apps that have been developed to work with the Game Center service.

2. Lucbert macrumors regular

Lucbert

Hey!

You will only see the AirPlay icon when the iPhone detects a 2nd (!!) Generation Apple TV with Software 4.1 or higher on you network.

AirPrint is always there but you probably do not have a compatible printer. For example, you can find it by opening Safari and clicking the + icon that used to be for creating shortcuts to websites on your homescreen. It's also available in the mail app.

3. Bolo4u thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Lucbert, I did find them. I figured they were icons on the main screen.