Am I missing something ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by noway, Oct 17, 2007.

1. noway macrumors regular

noway

I just bought (preorder) Leopard. I plan to fresh install it on my MBP but here's my problem.. I dont have iLife 06 or 08 CD. All i have is the CD that came with my computer (Tiger iLife included).

Do I have to buy iLife 08 or can i install iLife 06 without installing Tiger over Leopard?:confused:

*Or should i buy iLife 08? I've heard that it's not worth the upgrade for iphoto and idvd..

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The iLife that came with your computer will automatically be installed (it's on the system disks that came with your computer).

If you wish to upgrade iLife later, you can do so.

3. projectle macrumors 6502

You can use iLife'06 on Leopard.

Personally, I think that iPhoto was a nice update, however iMovie and iDVD were not worth it.

4. noway thread starter macrumors regular

noway

So if i get you right, while Leopard installs, it will install iLife 06 at the same time!? without me having to do anything special to it?

5. SolrFlare macrumors regular

Simple, two options here:

1) If you upgrade it'll keep your already installed iLife and just upgrade the OS.

2) If you do a clean install, after you are done, pop in the first Tiger disc that came with your mac. Once it mounts the disc you'll see an option when browsing the disc for "install optional software only". That will let you install iLife and the rest(including the trials if you really want them again :p ) onto your clean leopard install.

So, you do have a copy of iLife, it's just also on the tiger install disc and can be installed independent of Tiger at any time.

6. noway thread starter macrumors regular

noway

Thank you SolrFlare for such detailed answer. I'll print it out for future reference ;)