Am i missing something?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Neo110503, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Neo110503 macrumors regular

I've been looking through the network setup for wireless and i can't find "interface robustness". Did they do away with it, or am i just not looking hard enough.

2. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Good point, it seems to have disappeared in Leopard. What did it do anyway? ;)

3. Neo110503 thread starter macrumors regular

When you used airport, you could slow down the speed of your connection to make it stronger. At least that was my understanding of it

4. dr_lha macrumors 68000

I don't believe that was it. I've seen my Airport speed drop due to weak signal and I never had that option selected. I think it happens automatically when the signal gets weak. Perhaps whatever that option did occurs automatically in Leopard now.

I know on one of my computer at least, the Mac mini, Airport is much improved under Leopard and no longer drops out like it did under Tiger.

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

oh weird, just noticed it's not there.

I believe the purpose was to limit the range of your signal to decrease other interference.

6. Viremia macrumors regular

Well, then your mini is better than my MBP, which has constant dropouts like it did after the airport update that came after 10.4.10 and there's no way to roll back to the 10.4.10 driver like I did with Tiger.