Am i on iTunes 9?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by theone5, Sep 15, 2009.

1. theone5 macrumors newbie

Hey

Sorry for the "newbie" question but is there anyway i can find out if i am on iTunes 9 or not?

I installed it but i do not know if it has been updated or not?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

With iTunes open click on the word iTunes on the menu bar and click on About iTunes. You'll see a version number there.
    Screen shot 2009-09-15 at 7.52.09 AM.png

Screen shot 2009-09-15 at 7.51.54 AM.png

3. theone5 thread starter macrumors newbie

The word iTunes is not an option on my menu bar?
    I have: File - Edit - View - Controls - Store - Advanced - Help

4. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Click the iTunes icon in the dock and then the toolbar will change to the iTunes toolbar.

5. theone5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, iTunes icon in the dock?
    Could you please be more specific.

Thanks for the help guys.

6. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Open iTunes

7. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Take your mouse to the bottom of the screen where all the little icons are (the 'dock') and click on the iTunes icon (even if iTunes is already open).

Once you've done that, the toolbar that runs along the top of your screen should change to "[Apple Symbol] iTunes File Edit View etc. etc.

Click on "iTunes" and then click on "About iTunes".

8. theone5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really? :confused:

If you have nothing valuable to say keep your mouth shut.

9. theone5 thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no 'dock' on my screen (no iTunes icon at the bottom).
    At the bottom of my screen is 4 icons to the left, information about my music library in the middle (4153 songs, 11.2 days, 19.87GB) and 2 icons to the right.
    Do you know what i am talking about?

10. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

You asked what it was meant by "click on iTunes in the dock" and his answer was "open iTunes". That's fairly valuable/accurate.

11. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Actually, Roy Hobbs said in two words what took me three sentences - what he said was very valuable.

For someone who is apparently new to these forums and is looking for help, I'm shocked at your tone.

I now know what your problem is likely to be - I suspect you're on a PC and not a Mac. But whatever it is, I for one won't be helping you any further, so you'll have to hope someone else is prepared to look past your attitude and come to your aid.

12. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

If you're on a mac, open Finder, go to the Applications folder, locate iTunes and double click it. Then you should see iTunes in the menu bar, click that and then About iTunes

13. MasterDev macrumors 65816

Next time state which operating system you are on. Most people here will assume Mac. Hopefully this will help. If it doesn't, I'm not going to bother anymore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. theone5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I asked for specific details, a step by step process so to speak.

This was the next response:
    So you can see how i may have taken that, Roy Hobbs as being "smart".

Yep, i am on a PC and now it all makes sense.

Thanks for the help, you at least showed that you were trying whereas Roy's two word answer came across as a smart ass, lazy comment so i truly apologize for this and i hope that we can move on as mature men.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Tone it down here buddy. We were all only trying to help. No need to get all pissy with people. You failed to state what OS you were on so you wasted everyone's time while you moaned about someone's answer. It's good that it was sorted, but you can see how coming to a Mac site would have ultimately made most of us assume you were on a mac. Perhaps that's a crappy assumption, but it is where most of us deviate to from time to time.

16. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

To a Mac user, Roy Hobbs' comment makes perfect sense. Open iTunes and "iTunes" appears in the toolbar allowing you to follow jessica.'s advice.

I'm glad you've sorted it now but please, next time be patient and give people the benefit of the doubt. I find these forums useful but hate the way most threads deteriorate into a tit-for-tat argument!

17. theone5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Perfect.
    Thanks MasterDev

18. theone5 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is true and it is my bad for not specifically saying i am on a PC.
    A misunderstanding but everything is now sorted.

I wish i could re-pay others with my own help and advice as i do in other forums. I am actually a heavy user in other forums (mainly sporting) but in this one, all i can do is ask questions so i appreciate you guys taking the time out to help.

19. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Open iTunes wasn't a bad remark. It was just a generic way to run iTunes on any Operating System since some Operating System specific instructions were just making it more confusing such as Dock. I think the Dock concept will be more clear when Windows 7 has been out for a few years.

20. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

that was completely valuable. you are not reading the posts in their entirety, if you want help with a problem - you probably shouldn't be rude to people offering you help on a very, very simple problem

21. MasterDev macrumors 65816

I agree as well. It wasn't even a sarcastic comment, he was really just saying a shorter version of what the others were saying.

I mean, most of the time computers wont turn on until that guy from India at Dell's tech support tells you to plug it in... :D