Am I out of luck?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macbook yes, Jun 8, 2009.

1. macbook yes macrumors 6502

I bought my macbook over 2 weeks ago but brought it back less than 2 weeks ago and got the ipod touch free. They didn't charge me the restocking fee, but I got a new receipt. Will they let me pay the restock fee and get the new macbook since the new receipt says less than 2 weeks, or am I ut of luck because it is actually older than 2 weeks?

2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

You are out of luck, WHY DIDNT YOU WAITED ? was waithin 2 weeks that hard for ? :rolleyes: I been waiting 2 months for wwdc to see the update and am glad i did , :D thank you apple :apple:

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's more than two weeks since your original purchase. Under protocol, they won't let you return it.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

you can always ask, call and ask and then if not go to an apple store, be really nice and try! if they dont accept ask to speak to a manager.
    i had my first gen iphone for 2 years no apple care and my screen stop to work, i went to the apple store thinking i will have to pay for a repair but the guy went to talk to his manager and came back to tell me we will give you a free new first gen replacement just to make our customers happy!

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

No. I had had to go through replacements two times (sent my iMac back two times) and on second time I asked am I able to get refund or change the product if mu 3rd iMac is defective as well and rep said yes.

6. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

It MAY have had something to do with all of the people on the forum who said there was NO WAY Apple was going to release new hardware at the WWDC. I'm not naming names, they know who they are....:D

7. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

I know what you mean , once i heard the news about the new macbook pro i was jumping up and down lol it was the biggest surprise in the wwdc , everybody knew about the iphone already , if someone would have told me 1 week before that i would be able to buy a macbook pro 15 in without breaking the bank i would have laugh in there face , Thank you :apple: cant wait to buy it now, :p at all the people that was saying buy the computer now wwdc will bring nothing lol

8. macbook yes thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't wait because I'm doing a summer semester for college and I couldn't start college without a laptop.