Am I reading this auction correctly??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tumeg101, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I was searching eBay, hoping to find a cheap Universal iPod dock, which is normally $39.99+Tax from apple, and I found this!! This same seller is selling a few of these, buy it now $4.99?? and Shipping to where I live will only be $6.99!!
    Please tell me if this is the same universal dock that apple sells, and that it will work with my 30gb iPod
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Dock-...0QQihZ012QQcategoryZ84082QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just looked at it closer, it is not made by apple >.< sorry for the spam post, lol

2. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

It's clearly a cheap knock off. The word accessories (accessAries?) is spelled wrong on the box. It may very well work with the actual ipod charger as specified, but it is def a cheap knock-off.

3. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

yeah, I just noticed that as well, lol...

it has a 3 month seller warranty, so if I get it and it doesn't work with my iPod, I get a refund :p

4. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

It, like all the other cheap / fake iPod accessories, will work perfectly and be just as dependable as the "real deal". Hell, they're probably made in the same factory that Apple uses. Go for it.

5. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Unless you have personal experience with this particular product, it you would in the best interest of everyone for you to not spout of speculation and supposition as fact. Confusing other posters into believing such a ridiculous claim as "its a cheap and fake accessory, therefore it must work!" doesn't help anyone.