Am I really going crazy here? word of wisdom please..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kimcicle, Jun 22, 2009.

1. kimcicle macrumors newbie

ok guys,

here's the deal, I feel like my newly purchased 13" MBP is slightly wobbly.
    My roommate thinks I'm crazy, but I can feel that it's not 100% even.:(

I called up the Apple Store and explained the situation, and they told me if it is really wobbly, I would get an exchange,
    The problem is the Applestore is an hr drive,

is there a way that I can check the evenness of the laptop before I make a worthless trip??

and does anyone know how strict apple's exchange policy is?
    thanks

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Put it on a desk or uniform surface, and see if it wobbles. If you're spending $1200+ on a laptop, a lack of wobbling is not too much to ask.

If it was an MSI wind, I'd say to suck it up. But a new apple, no. Who knows, they may be able to adjust something at the apple store and fix it.

3. kimcicle thread starter macrumors newbie

i have tried several different platform, and it all varies :(
    and feel like it wobbles :/

4. macJC50640 macrumors regular

Hmm, sounds like it really does wobble. I say take the trip. Even it is deemed worthless, maybe they can at least tell you if its normal for peace of mind.

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Take a piece of paper and slide it under the Macbook and see if all four of the feet stop the paper from completely sliding underneath. If you can slide the paper underneath any of the feet then it may be uneven. Just make sure the same foot that appears uneven is uneven on any other table.

6. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

def take the drive, otherwise you'll regret it as long as you have your mbp, for what you're spending you want it perfect, i don't care what others say for what we pay for these we should all have excellent experiences!

Take it back & have them exchange/fix the issue

7. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

lol, I just did this for fun and it slide under one of my feet :(
    But honestly there is no wobble to mine as it literally must be a thin piece of paper off, so you might want to use a thicker piece of paper to really test it. Like thin card stock wouldn't really go under mine.

8. kimcicle thread starter macrumors newbie

I drove about an hr, too the laptop back and got it exchanged. SO Worth it :D

9. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

I used to have a 12" PowerBook a few years back. When it got hot the aluminum case would warp slightly. Sometimes it was really noticeable (especially where the corners of the lid met the top of the case). I would simply apply pressure to the case in the opposite direction and work it back into alignment.

It didn't really bother me as I assumed it was just an aspect of having an all aluminum case.

10. bov macrumors 6502

congrats! glad you had a happy ending ;)