Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brguest

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Let me get this straight and make sure I understand this correctly -

On my jailbroken 2G phone 2.0.2, I can now
1. update to iTunes 8.0
2. quickpwn (on my Mac) to 2.1
3. not lose anything previously installed

Right?
I see a lot of discussion about the latest devteam update, but I can't seem to find anything that succinctly lays it out.

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
maybe

Let me get this straight and make sure I understand this correctly -

On my jailbroken 2G phone 2.0.2, I can now
1. update to iTunes 8.0
2. quickpwn (on my Mac) to 2.1
3. not lose anything previously installed

Right?
I see a lot of discussion about the latest devteam update, but I can't seem to find anything that succinctly lays it out.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. ???? maybe
There is a method that I've heard of where you can backup the jailbroken apps, not data,

Official apps are always backed up in itunes and data...sometimes; like some apps you have to manually sync your data to your Mac/PC

Hls811

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2004
New Jersey
Wait.. are you asking of you can do that 3-step process like that?? I dont thikn thats the case...

I could be wrong, but I think the QuickPwn only works if you aready have 2.1 - which means you'd have to Install iTunes 8, upgrade (legitimately) to 2.1 (and lose your JB apps) and then you could quickPwn to re-jailbrake it again.

Or, you can Install iTunes 8, then use the Pwnage tool to create a custom IPSW and then you're on 2.1 also.

In the first method you definately lose your jailbroken apps.. I'm not sure about the 2nd way.

(I did mine the first way, just because I wanted a clean install).

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
the island
Wait.. are you asking of you can do that 3-step process like that?? I dont thikn thats the case...

I could be wrong, but I think the QuickPwn only works if you aready have 2.1 - which means you'd have to Install iTunes 8, upgrade (legitimately) to 2.1 (and lose your JB apps) and then you could quickPwn to re-jailbrake it again.

Or, you can Install iTunes 8, then use the Pwnage tool to create a custom IPSW and then you're on 2.1 also.

In the first method you definately lose your jailbroken apps.. I'm not sure about the 2nd way.

(I did mine the first way, just because I wanted a clean install).

how did quickpwn work for you? i'm thinking about running it, but iPhone is running so great now on stock 2.1 that i'm a little hesitant to quickpwn it. i really want Qik and tethering though...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.