Am I screwed? can I take my iphone back to Apple??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xsecretfiles, Oct 11, 2009.

1. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

couple of days ago my battery started acting weird. I noticed that it has like 10% left and five minutes later it was full. I didn't make much of it

The it did it again yesterday. but TODAY it's not holding a charge. So far I've left the phone plug in for TWO hours and I'm still seen the red low battery sign and If I unplug it it just tells me I need it to plug in and it fades*turns off". I mean I can't even get to the OS to do a restore...

Also can I take it back to apple? It's a 3Gs that I bought in what July?
    ...but It was jailbroken also, I doubt it was the jailbrake that gave me the problem since i haven't installed anything in a month or two..since I've been waiting for the dev team, and I didn't update to 3.1 either because of the issues I keep hearing about ....I know Irony

any other solutions

This is the battery charging screen I'm in. I only googled the pic in case you wonder...

Attached Files:

2. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

Could you get your iPhone into DFU mode whilst plugged in?

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Then try a restore? Though if the battery is dead, like it sounds, then restoring wouldn't do any good anyway. I'd take it back to an Apple store, even though it's out of warranty, if you're nice and polite and explain that you are disappointed since you've not had it 18 months, they may replace it. I wouldn't worry about the jailbreak, if you can't even turn the phone on, they'll never know! I had one replaced, they didn't notice the jailbreak and the tests they did didn't find anything either.

If you have no joy, call Apple. A battery must be able to last over a year! If it's failed now, then it would, I think, be classed as a manufacturing issue and covered under consumer goods act :)

3. xsecretfiles thread starter macrumors 6502

ok thanks,

It looks like its working now. It got to the screen and it's restoring the apps/etc

4. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Uh ?

5. Gamst macrumors regular

Gamst

Oops I missed the 3GS bit :-S Take it back for a replacement then :)

6. limestand1 macrumors member

If its not under warrenty and u take the phone to get the battery replacement to they still give u a phone?