Am I screwed ? iPhone return problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by galaxy121, Mar 30, 2008.

1. galaxy121 macrumors member

Ok, I got a refurb iphone from Apple about 2 weeks ago. For some reason, the phone I got was unlocked so I didnt have to do it. All I had to do was activate it with ziphone. Now, the phones having touchscreen and camera problems ... I tried going to the apple store, but they are not attending to me. They said I need a att account, but how am I supposed to have one, if the ipgones "slide for activation" is stuck on that.

What can I do about this ?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. galaxy121 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I sued that, but that are not even listening to me when I was talking. All they were saying was that I needed an ATT account .... I am thinking about calling them tomorrow, talking to a supervisor, getting a tag number and then going to the store and giving them the tag number, so they can exchange it for me.

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

There question might be why you didn't activate it when it was working.

You just sat around fondling it for 2 weeks?

Just tell them you just now opened it and it does not work.

I suspect you are up to no good, and are not a very good liar, and they are also noticing this, so they are less inclined to help you out.

5. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

I have to agree with the poster above that your case doesn't hold water. This is Apple we are talking about, who of which hold a respectable reputation for their refurbished products, and I highly doubt that they would ever take a returned/repaired phone without re-flashing it, setting it to factory settings; it is hard to believe the phone came "unlocked."

We all know that ZiPhone is a great program, but is known for causing problems (go check out the hackint0sh forums). So to sum up your case;

1) You need an AT&T card in order to bypass the activation screen, therefore if you do not have an account and you somehow are on the mainscreen, you have therefore, and obviously, did a 3rd party modification, which voids your warranty or rapport with Apple

2) Even if the iPhone came locked, you unlocked it eventually, and you had the problems you're experiencing.. you eventually end up in the same situation, your phone is hacked and you dont have an AT&T account, they have every right to show you the door

3) Seriously, again and again, your phone coming "unlocked" doesn't fly. This isn't BestBuy where they accept iPod returns that have engraving on them and turn around and sell it, Apple refreshes their returned products to almost like-new state, which also means software

6. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Haha, how do you not even understand that your HACKED iPhone is no longer under warranty?
    Apple will NOT service you with an unlocked iPhone, no matter what supervisor you talk to or how much you complain.

7. galaxy121 thread starter macrumors member

Well ha, after all the badgering you guys gave me, I did go to the apple store and I was given a brand new iphone.

8. Surely Guest

Surely

So now that you got your new iPhone, what is the truth to your story?

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They probably gave it to him to get rid of him.

10. skeen macrumors 6502

11. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

12. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

"where im from, they ask for a hand-ski, then mouth-ski, maybe a foot-ski if shes like that"

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Clearly the OP scammed AT&T and Apple by utilizing "ziphone" for the past two weeks, and doesn't have the "integrity" to be honest and upfront with either company. Sadly, it would seem the OP intends to NOT create an AT&T account once again, thereby unlocking and jailbreaking the iPhone for a second time. Oh well, another one made it through the "gauntlet" unscathed. C'mon Apple & AT&T, this only encourages millions of others like the OP to abuse a system that protects no one! :mad:

14. galaxy121 thread starter macrumors member

To tell you the guys the truth again, Apple did send me an unlocked phone .... after activating it without running any sim unlock software, my tmobile sim was found. The phone itself just had both camera and touchscreen problems. Now, if I had a flaw with my phone that wasnt my fault, why dont I have a chance to get it replaced ? Now, I used to work for Apple as a Customer Service agent and I know about how the process works. Now, did I use some loopholes ? yeah, because it was activated. But still if there was a problem that wasnt my fault, I have a right to replace it.