Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bespoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
My MBP crapped out on me in a crucial time this weekend. I can't afford these kinds of things happening. I became enraged because of the money it had just cost me and drove to the apple store and purchased the $1999 model iMac WITHOUT doing any research. Now I hear about the new iMacs and I am wondering...

Am I screwed or will my 27" iMac retain some value as opposed to the 1199 iMacs?

Cole JM

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
My MBP crapped out on me in a crucial time this weekend. I can't afford these kinds of things happening. I became enraged because of the money it had just cost me and drove to the apple store and purchased the $1999 model iMac WITHOUT doing any research. Now I hear about the new iMacs and I am wondering...

Am I screwed or will my 27" iMac retain some value as opposed to the 1199 iMacs?

It will have value....... why dont you look at having yout MBP fixed and return the imac.

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010

I don't understand, mate. How would you be "screwed", having bought an iMac?

I must say, that's one Hell of a 'rage' purchase. Next time you're enraged about something, let me know and you can buy me an iPad.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
There is nothing wrong with the current iMacs, especially since the new iMacs haven't been released yet. And if they happen to get released within your return window, then you can swap it out.

But I have the $1999 iMac and have had no problems. Depending on what you plan to do with it, it will last a long time.

bespoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I don't understand, mate. How would you be "screwed", having bought an iMac?

I must say, that's one Hell of a 'rage' purchase. Next time you're enraged about something, let me know and you can buy me an iPad.

In my spare time I sell gold in an online game. The MBP couldn't handle 2 windows open at the same time and froze up. The amount I lost is greater than the cost of the iMac. Its an investment :p

Thanks for all the replies guys. Makes me feel more comfortable with having this beast in my room :D

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
Gotcha. I sell former-Soviet hookers in a similar manner. Computer lock-ups are the worst...

DarkVinda

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Manchester, UK
i have the current base i3 3.06 imac 21.5" and i love it - only change i've made is adding another 4gb of ram....currently at 8gb :D but looking to go higher :D

you wont regret it at all....its all speculation at the moment and there will always be

WHEN IS THE NEXT BEST / GREATEST coming out...you would always be chasing your tail if you try keep up with the updates.

love your machine as it is and it will last you a long time...

Vinda

cinek

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2011
There is nothing wrong with the current iMacs, especially since the new iMacs haven't been released yet. And if they happen to get released within your return window, then you can swap it out.

But I have the $1999 iMac and have had no problems. Depending on what you plan to do with it, it will last a long time.

what's the return window?

DarkVinda

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
Manchester, UK
just wondering - what game :D

and do you do all servers???

In my spare time I sell gold in an online game. The MBP couldn't handle 2 windows open at the same time and froze up. The amount I lost is greater than the cost of the iMac. Its an investment :p

Thanks for all the replies guys. Makes me feel more comfortable with having this beast in my room :D

bespoke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
just wondering - what game :D

and do you do all servers???

Flame suit on.

Runescape :p I have been playing it since 2003 and over time became an extremely wealthy player. Thats all I will say lol, I'm not proud of this.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
If your claims are true, return iMac and order a BTO quad core thunderbolt MacBook Pro 17" with 512GB SSD and processor upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.