Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bespoke, Mar 16, 2011.

1. bespoke macrumors newbie

My MBP crapped out on me in a crucial time this weekend. I can't afford these kinds of things happening. I became enraged because of the money it had just cost me and drove to the apple store and purchased the $1999 model iMac WITHOUT doing any research. Now I hear about the new iMacs and I am wondering...

Am I screwed or will my 27" iMac retain some value as opposed to the 1199 iMacs?

2. Cole JM macrumors regular

It will have value....... why dont you look at having yout MBP fixed and return the imac.

3. dh2005 macrumors 6502a

I don't understand, mate. How would you be "screwed", having bought an iMac?

I must say, that's one Hell of a 'rage' purchase. Next time you're enraged about something, let me know and you can buy me an iPad.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

There is nothing wrong with the current iMacs, especially since the new iMacs haven't been released yet. And if they happen to get released within your return window, then you can swap it out.

But I have the $1999 iMac and have had no problems. Depending on what you plan to do with it, it will last a long time.

5. bespoke thread starter macrumors newbie

In my spare time I sell gold in an online game. The MBP couldn't handle 2 windows open at the same time and froze up. The amount I lost is greater than the cost of the iMac. Its an investment :p

Thanks for all the replies guys. Makes me feel more comfortable with having this beast in my room :D

6. dh2005 macrumors 6502a

Gotcha. I sell former-Soviet hookers in a similar manner. Computer lock-ups are the worst...

7. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

i have the current base i3 3.06 imac 21.5" and i love it - only change i've made is adding another 4gb of ram....currently at 8gb :D but looking to go higher :D

you wont regret it at all....its all speculation at the moment and there will always be

WHEN IS THE NEXT BEST / GREATEST coming out...you would always be chasing your tail if you try keep up with the updates.

love your machine as it is and it will last you a long time...

Vinda

8. cinek macrumors 6502

what's the return window?

9. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

just wondering - what game :D

and do you do all servers???

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If you're that worried about it, return it and get your MBP fixed.

:D:D

11. bespoke thread starter macrumors newbie

Flame suit on.

Runescape :p I have been playing it since 2003 and over time became an extremely wealthy player. Thats all I will say lol, I'm not proud of this.

12. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If your claims are true, return iMac and order a BTO quad core thunderbolt MacBook Pro 17" with 512GB SSD and processor upgrade.