Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by leethefilmer, Jun 17, 2009.

1. leethefilmer macrumors member

leethefilmer

I bought my iphone off ebay a few months ago. It's a 2G version (i think thats what you call it) and it was unlocked. Are all unlocked iphones jail broken? I never really understood how all that works exactly to tell you the truth. All that I know is I can throw my T-mobile sim card in it and it works. As it did, but today I upgraded to 3.0 and in itunes I get this message "the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported". I can't do anything with it now. Well damn. Is there anyway to go back to my older version and unlock it again?

:mad:

Thanks for any help.

2. Shaan macrumors member

The iPhone Dev Team will be releasing an application known as ultra_sn0w on Friday, June 19th that will be able to unlock iPhone OS 3.0. Until then you will be without cell service unless you revert back to the old OS and unlock it with yellow_sn0w. Hope this helps.

3. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

You are screwed but only until Friday. I don't think you can go back to 2.x and jailbreak, but as the previous reply said, you will be able to unlock again on Friday.

4. leethefilmer thread starter macrumors member

leethefilmer

Thanks for the fast reply. How do I revert it to the older OS? Do you have any links where they have more information about this?

Edit: So I can't? I just have to wait till Friday? That wouldn't be that bad.

5. exhibit.b macrumors regular

Doesn't 3.0 upgrade the baseband so even if he were to downgrade the OS he would not be able to unlock it. So it looks like the option is to wait until ultrasnow is released

6. POX macrumors member

POX

The FW 3.0 for iphone 2G don´t get the baseband upgraded.

Search for unlock and jailbreak FW 2.2.1 iphone 2G, there are a lot of tutorials all over the net.