Am I seeing things??? Safari change text color when scrol??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yalag, Nov 19, 2007.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I have a macbook pro, and mac pro. But this only happens with macbooks, tested with a friend. When you open safari and go to a webpage full of text. If you scroll the page, all the text changes to a lighter color. Anyone seeing this? How to fix?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I can't really replicate it. Is this for all scroll speeds?

3. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

Do you mean text is bolder at the top half of the screen than the bottom? This would be a TN panel characteristic, as more commonly spotted on the 20" iMac (with it having such a big screen) and is normal. They use this (cheap) technology in the lower end Macs.

Another good way to spot it is to set a medium gray background, this will appear to be a gradient.

4. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

no the whole screen of safari's text will become lighter, from black to grey. Do you guys have a macbook or a desktop?

5. ~David macrumors regular

~David

Heh, I didn't notice it until you mentioned it... thanks lol

6. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

iMac here... hmm I did notice a bug once where text would be rendered bold-ish in patches, and scrolling the text out of the viewing area and back in would make it redraw and look normal again. But come to think of it that might've been on my W$#!ows box.

7. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

lol David you see it right? Can you help me describe it better? I'm sure everyone should be seeing it